A 2mm loco service point

StuartM

That is a great addition to your layout! I joined the 2mm Association some years back, but haven't yet made anything to that scale. Very well done in making everything.

Thanks,

I think that for me this is the way to go , making small perhaps modular layouts that can be plugged together, as it means they get finished in a reasonable time frame and could provide a constant source of new layouts

post-10866-0-47572500-1314436709_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

For me, it's with the shed...

Very nice work...enjoy a well deserved relaxing September!

A nice opportunity to spend some time positioning and photographing the rolling stock in various cameo's perhaps?...

Thanks for all the kind comments, nice to know that there are some fellow modellers who appreciate what one does.

I'm not quite finished, just a few jobs left to complete but at least I can take a more leisurely pace now, in fact I've even started work on my next project which is always a good place to be.

Look what I found on ebay for £18 this weekend.

Simply fits onto a GraFar class 20, brilliant!

It might not be that detailed but who cares it's a class 15 and it works for me

All that's required is a paint job, so I just need to order up some BR green.

For now the story goes that this is the first of the production run and is on a test run in primer undercoat and has fetched up here for the accompanying engineers to take some readings and measurements while the crew catch a brew before the loco makes it's return journey back to Sheffield.

For anyone who is interested I think the seller has more than one on offer

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27bd0d44a5

post-10866-0-78796800-1314559543_thumb.jpg

post-10866-0-19513900-1314559571_thumb.jpg

post-10866-0-81126500-1314559642_thumb.jpg

I found this site today - on the old RMweb. It has lots of superb detailing shots, just in case you feel like doing any more to your diorama (no obligation :scratchhead: )

http://www.rmweb.co....php?f=7&t=25263

Thanks for that weekday,

I actually already have that page bookmarked as a reference source, but thanks for the thought though anyway, much appreciated.

I remember travelling out of the cross on those class 105 dmu's so many times with my face pressed up against the window as we passed Finsbury park when I was kid counting the Deltics.

As to the diorama, I still have the signing on building to finish, which I'm going to start again from scratch as I'm not that happy with it, plus there's the lighting for the obligatory night time shots, and I need to add some oil drums and general clutter etc, so still a little bit to do,

More pics to follow as and when.

As to Clapham junction, just think how big the fiddle yards would have to be :sclerosis:

Thanks for that weekday,

I actually already have that page bookmarked as a reference source, but thanks for the thought though anyway, much appreciated.

I remember travelling out of the cross on those class 105 dmu's so many times with my face pressed up against the window as we passed Finsbury park when I was kid counting the Deltics.

As to the diorama, I still have the signing on building to finish, which I'm going to start again from scratch as I'm not that happy with it, plus there's the lighting for the obligatory night time shots, and I need to add some oil drums and general clutter etc, so still a little bit to do,

More pics to follow as and when.

As to Clapham junction, just think how big the fiddle yards would have to be :sclerosis:

So you are hoping Farish bring out a Class 105 then? I once thought about a KX suburban layout, but there just wasn't enough stuff to do an accurate portrayal. Now the new BR suburbans are here, it is a little easier. Shame the Farish Deltics aren't a bit better though!

In 4mm scale, by contrast, it is all pretty easy at the moment - there will soon even be a RTR Baby Deltic!

• RMweb Gold

So you are hoping Farish bring out a Class 105 then? I once thought about a KX suburban layout, but there just wasn't enough stuff to do an accurate portrayal. Now the new BR suburbans are here, it is a little easier. Shame the Farish Deltics aren't a bit better though!

I think it is a reasonable bet that it is only a matter of time before the 105 goes through the shrinking machine to N.

M

After a few days away from this project, I've started work on the new signing on point.

The two walls that will be on show have been cut and the windows and lintel that runs the length of the building have also been cut out. The lintel has been added and on the rear of the wall additional strips of plasticard have been added to add depth to the window rivils and sills. I've also changed the layout of the windows and doors from the original building.

post-10866-0-71535600-1314826510_thumb.jpg

post-10866-0-61737100-1314826577_thumb.jpg

Get some 4mm brick plastic card

paint all over with humbrol no:186 and let dry

then paint all over with humbrol 121 making sure that you fill all the mortar grooves and then wipe paint off in a downward direction, again let dry

Then dry brush with 186 again and then dry brush with humbrol no:33, easy peasy

Just make sure that when you dry brush you wipe the brush completely and thoroughly on a cloth so "it appears" that all the paint has been removed

It's worth practising on some scrap card until you get it right

Rgds,

Stuart

I suggested to Weekday Cross on his blog that he could make his windows by drawing them in Google sketch-up and then etching them in brass, several days later I came to make my own windows and thought I'd follow my own advice, except instead of transferring the design to brass and then etching I had the brainwave of printing onto transparent paper and just cutting out and sticking on, below are the results, nothing special but finishes the job. The new building needs to be weathered into it's surroundings and a few other little details but that's about all.

I'm hoping at the weekend if the weathers fine to take the diorama outside and pose some locos and units on the depot and take some photos and see if I can snap anything good.

post-10866-0-55276300-1315256422_thumb.jpg

post-10866-0-36080300-1315256501_thumb.jpg

post-10866-0-46829500-1315256594_thumb.jpg

Those windows look really good Stuart, did you do this on an inkjet or laser? Progress is coming along..

Tom

Hi Tom,

It was printed on a laser but I think it would print better on an inkjet as the ink from the jet sticks better than the plastic from the laser

Rgds, Stuart

Archived