T gauge pointwork

L49

• RMweb Gold

Well it's obviously do-able.

What I think you would need to do is make sure that the surrounding track work is perfect though.

The wheels are so small any slight blip in the track would probably cause a derailment.

Nothing wrong with having perfect track work though :yes:

Cheers

Ian

• 2 months later...

Well it's obviously do-able.

What I think you would need to do is make sure that the surrounding track work is perfect though.

The wheels are so small any slight blip in the track would probably cause a derailment.

Nothing wrong with having perfect track work though :yes:

So it won't be long before someone is working in P450 then ? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Don't tell Brian Harrap. He's already produced working complex crossovers in Proto-Z.

I did jokingly suggest it to him some time ago but I think he's now given up working in such small scales.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Brian, That's impressive.

I attempted a scratchbuilt point for T but the biggest issue I had was fixing it together, my soldering skills aren't up to much and gets a bit tight.

Can I ask what you used for the sleepers and how you fixed it together?

@Brian, That's impressive.

I attempted a scratchbuilt point for T but the biggest issue I had was fixing it together, my soldering skills aren't up to much and gets a bit tight.

Can I ask what you used for the sleepers and how you fixed it together?

Hello Alex, Thank you for your interest. Construction was quite basic copperclad sleepers and NS strip for the rails. Soldering just needs practice, I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

regards, Brian.

Hello Alex, Thank you for your interest. Construction was quite basic copperclad sleepers and NS strip for the rails. Soldering just needs practice, I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

regards, Brian.

Hi, can I ask what you mean by NS strip?

Paddy

One thing to bear in mind is that the T gauge models use a form of magnetic adhesion to partly compensate for their lack of weight which obviously will not work with nickel-silver rails!

Cant reply to posts, but I guess that is one of the ongoing issues...

Ye I thought it meant Nickel Silver but as that doesnt work I was wondering if he actually meant something else.

For making your own points you must have to strip down some flexi-track which at £9 for effectivly two metre-long rails is quite a hit in the wallet. Or use steel rail.

No I haven't built any more T scale (don't say gauge - it just ain't right) trackwork yet, still getting over the headache from the last lot. Also I haven't addressed the magnahesion bit either, I am anticipating just railcars or trams pulling themselves along as a bit of a fun demo really. The serious work will be reserved for a go at triple gauge Pz using the T for the narrowest gauge (2' 6" ?). we'll have to see, getting my eyes tested tomorrow. Brian

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I was looking for inspiration about t gauge points. Some fine work here. I bought a t gauge set three years ago at model rail scotland and trying to make a layout of it. I think I'll adopt the approach of Network Rail when they laid continuous welded rail through Altnabreac a few years ago - disconnect the siding and leave it in situ. That'll give opportunity for using the excess track to model the railway-botanical interface alongside the modern rationalised railway.

Archived