Trains4U Open Day 2011 - Pictures Added

Trains4U

Trains4U Open Day 2011

Trains4U is holding it's fourth annual open day on

Sunday 11th September 2011

Layouts, Demonstrations and lots of one-day only Special offers

Last year we had eight layouts in attendance, this year looks to be even bigger and better.

And Runswick Leamside will, of course, be fully stocked and running.

More information will be posted as it becomes available

Entry is FREE but we would welcome donations for our nomiated charity

Also:

We have preliminary agreement to use a second 2500 sq ft unit to house even more layouts and demonstrations!

Come along and enjoy the day.

To see what last year's event was like, look here:

http://www.rmweb.co....12th-september/

I should be over too and I need to think what to 'demo' this year.

Gareth's aware of the date although, with due respect to anyone affected, I do think that al-Qaeda legacies shouldn't disrupt enjoyable day-to-day activities. cool.gif

I'm well aware of the significance of the date, and was trying not to draw too much negative attention.

I am considering marking the event in some manner. but I'm not going to allow it to overshadow the day.

I well remember the events ten years ago, exactly what I was doing when it happened, I've also paid my own solemn respects in person at Ground Zero (Unlike the busloads of snap-happy camera toting ghouls also in attendance)

But I'll be damned if I'm going to let the activities of a bunch of extremist terrorist cowards gain even the smallest victory in terms of disruprion to our lives.

In my opinion, the best way to remember those who died that awful day is to give a simple moment of silent remembrance, and then continue to enjoy the life we are so lucky to have.

I think that would be a great idea as its a free event a donation bucket for the uk red cross would fitting.

I will be attending, with or without my layout, hopefully gareth hasnt lost my number laugh1.gif, but the offer is still there if you have the room.

look forward to the event

Neil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bachmann confirmed yesterday that they will be bringing their "Roadshow" to our open day on the 11th September

Graham Hubbard very generously agreed for both the OO and N gauge layouts to be put on display, as well as five of their display cabinets with the latest pre-production samples and factory proofs of their N and OO rolling stock and scenecraft ranges.

These can be seen in the Bachmann open day thread - here

So please make sure you come along to see these forthcoming models up close!

Gareth

I would like to be there but I have a sneaking suspicion that we will be away elsewhere on that date.

If I/we can't make it, we wish you good luck and hope that it is a resounding success - and yes, a UK Red Cross collection bucket gets our vote.

Regards

David and Lynda

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, a quick update,

Bachmann have reconfirmed - allowing for their triple-booking, they are still bringing both of the layouts, and THREE of their display cabinets with N and OO prototypes on display.

Unfortunately the use of the second unit is now not available, so we are reshuffling and replanning, but we should fit everything in.

Hornby have confirmed and will be bringing some new items, though the Hornby roadshow is at STEAM, we hope to have a 4 VEP and some other bits and bobs, plus some Airfix and Scalextric from them.

Doors open to the public at 10am and we will be open until 4pm.

I look forward to seeing you there!

I can give you a limited list (There are three layouts that I do not have exact details for) - titles link to external pages giving further detail (Where possible)

Ashfield

St Neots MRC

16' x 8' OO scale layout representing a preserved railway with interchange to the privatised national network

Now complete and making it's show debut at the open day.

Hettle

Hornby Magazine

N gauge layout operated using DCC and Hornby Railmaster

1960s

Canons Cross

Market Deeping MRC

OO scale 20' x 2' 1960s Southern Terminus with 3rd rail electric, Diesel and steam

Runswick Leamside

Macclesfield and District Railway Modellers

OO scale 32' x 11' 1990s sectoriisation era

North West England

Thomas Layout

N scale DCC controlled layout with visitor participation in mind

Running a selection of trains including Thomas and Friends

Bachmann N Gauge Demo Layout

3x5 Bachmann Roadshow Layout

Bachmann OO Scale DCC Demo Layout

6'x4' Bachmann Roadshow layout

We are also expecting a 7" gauge class 14 on static display and some form of live steam display outside (Subject to servicability)

I have the other three, though details are sporadic...

I'll try and fill in the blanks over the next day or two.

Littlewood

Alex hall

N gauge 6' x 4'

Name not provided

Peter O'Dell

4' x 2' N Gauge

Name Not Provided

Sean Great

6' x 1.5' OO

The Bachmann Roadshow has been delivered.

There is an 85, 350 and Derby lightweight on show, along with many other things (From the brief glimpse I had last night)

Busy getting the promotions list together - and it is extensive. and setting out the ground space for the layouts.

Looks like 3 upstairs, 4 in the main room and 3 in the front office.

• RMweb Gold

Can't make it this year I'm afraid, as it clashes with the N Gauge Show but here's hoping it all goes well, Gareth. Incidentally, the Nene Valley are also having a Steam gala this weekend with Duke of Gloucester and Kinlet Hall joining the resident 4F and Standard Class 5.

• RMweb Gold

not a chance sadly, I have Boston next week, then Wirksworth next month, followed by helping Ian M with Shake the Box at Birkenhead then it's Wycrail.

Besides, as you alluded to it's not just lobbing down some laminate, there's the step down to the kitchen, cutting some off the bottom of the kitchen door, skirting to refit (including glossing) and then putting all the appliances back.

not a chance sadly, I have Boston next week, then Wirksworth next month, followed by helping Ian M with Shake the Box at Birkenhead then it's Wycrail.

Besides, as you alluded to it's not just lobbing down some laminate, there's the step down to the kitchen, cutting some off the bottom of the kitchen door, skirting to refit (including glossing) and then putting all the appliances back.

And when you've done that can you come and do mine?? :)

Archived