Flush at both ends

Stu from EGDL

Hi Gang;

Been looking at my Bachmann 47535 Uni of Leicester recently with its flush ends and got to realise that there must have been very few locos like this. I have now attained a second model (in 'N') and wish to do a valid renumber & repaint.

I'm hoping that there is a library of locos that I can choose from, preferably with a Scottish 'bent'. I have a hankering that both 47610 and 47614 may fit the bill, but am unsure of liveries, dates and any other possibly feasible locos.

Regards;

STU from EGDL

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, there is indeed a "library" of sorts covering front end mods...

You want the 10th posting on this page: Cl 47 forum link

Just about everything you would want to know about Duffs can be found on this site: Everything you ever wanted to know about Duffs

or it's twin: brushtype4 site

btw, the class47 & brushtype4 sites are "fraternal twins" as websites go, so don't get confused - one covers Duffs only, the other also includes other similar Brush products - many of the same links work on both...

HTH smile.gif

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just about everything you would want to know about Duffs

Please.............no "Duffs" here... :nono:

I always understood this was a derisory term invented by hydraulic bashers, for when a diesel electric (mostly 47s) turned up on a hydraulic diagram.

As to 47535, Stu if you're including a full repaint you could do 47522 in its unique green Parcels livery, as long as you're not worried too much about boiler ports and other roof detail being 100% accurate. Personally, I'm disappointed this livery hasn't been done as a retailer Limited Edition - perhaps for those reasons!

• 4 months later...

Hi Gang;

Been looking at my Bachmann 47535 Uni of Leicester recently with its flush ends and got to realise that there must have been very few locos like this. I have now attained a second model (in 'N') and wish to do a valid renumber & repaint.

I'm hoping that there is a library of locos that I can choose from, preferably with a Scottish 'bent'. I have a hankering that both 47610 and 47614 may fit the bill, but am unsure of liveries, dates and any other possibly feasible locos.

Regards;

STU from EGDL

Flush at both ends were:

47141/614/853

47163/610/823/787

and recenly modified Northern Belle 47790 & 47832

Flush at both ends were:

47141/614/853

47163/610/823/787

I remember Lima doing a bodyshell for this in OO gauge, but it only resulted in 47190 and 47522

Useful to know this as I quite fancy having a 47190 on my fleet again

47458 looks a more promising renumbering project, as both locos have the wider cantrail stripe

The only issue is ensuring clean removal of the nameplate

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Gang;

Of course, now 47790 and 47832....possibly 47813 too all have remodelled flush front ends.

47813 and 47853 now have Class 57 style grilles on the roof too...

Might be time for a Northern Belle repaint!!!

Later;

STU from EGDL

These new flush front conversions are done in the same style as '458 had fitted at SF i.e. the lamps sit slightly proud of the cab front. I think that 47853 (being flush at both ends already) was left alone.

Archived