New Bryford - the Final Countdown.

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Finally home after a 25-30mph slog up the M66 in the snow.

Quite pleased with the way NB performed at the BRM Doncaster show.

Minor issue on the Sunday as the two warm days caused a gap to open up. but quickly cured with a wedge under one of the legs.

Next outing is November at the NEC. Last chance to see it in England.

Cheers,

Mick

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Mick,

Sorry if I missed you tell us earlier, but what's the plan for New Bryford after Warley?

Cheers

SECC Glasgow in February 2019 and that's it.

No more second (or third or fourth) comebacks like Status Quo.....

Cheers,

Mick

Cheers,

MIck

SECC Glasgow in February 2019 and that's it.

No more second (or third or fourth) comebacks like Status Quo.....

Cheers,

Mick

Cheers,

MIck

Mick,

I will see you there to say goodbye to your layout.

What's wrong with comebacks?  :no: 

Cheers.

• 7 months later...

Less than two weeks to go before New Bryford's last English appearance before retiring early next year (at Glasgow).

See it while you can.

Cheers,

Mick

Ohoo!! newbryford last English show at nec! Does that mean we will need passport for last show? Some where warm.....? Algarve? South of France? Mexico?...... no ...GLASGOW....in February? What!

I'm sure the welcome will be warm but not the weather!

G

• RMweb Premium

Only a few days more before NB makes it's Emglish bow.

Even so, Spike will be spending a couple of days tweaking the scenic stuff and I'm just about to start sorting the stock and other hardware.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Mick,

I will see you there to say goodbye to your layout.

What's wrong with comebacks?  :no:

Cheers.

HI Paul

You have to be careful with comebacks. I wrote my notes for the last show Pig Lane appeared at after I had retired it twice "The layout is making another come back like Frank Sinatra". Well between me writing that and the show, poor Frank was no longer with us.

1994...before I was born! :O

A testament to the layout and the skill of the builder(s). I must say the layout and the modelling has improved since!

Have a great final show in England, gutted to be missing it.

Thanks,

Jack.

1994...before I was born! :O

A testament to the layout and the skill of the builder(s). I must say the layout and the modelling has improved since!

Have a great final show in England, gutted to be missing it.

Thanks,

Jack.

Don't you mean.....testament to the care of the exibition away team....carefuly loading and unloading van.....carrying heavy baseboard in to exhibition hall ...assembleing with skill & dexterity....operating to prototypical standards(spads station overruns collisions and derailment!)....been forced to drink beer and talk trains on a Friday and Saturday evining....

Sounds fun...

G

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to all those who came to see NB at Warley.

We managed to break a fiddle yard point on setup, but bodged it to work until Sunday morning when a full replacement was made. It took about 15 minutes to replace.

And at 4pm Sunday, I think the point motor pin on the entry to platforms 3/4 snapped. A reduced service without the use of P4 got us through to the exhibition finish.

That's it now until Glasgow in February. (There will be some ongoing winter maintenance such as the broken pin)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

There have been rumours, but I can formally announce that New Bryford is for sale. It will be available after the Glasgow exhibition in 22-24 February 2019.

16' x 8' double track continuous run.

Portable exhibition layout that has regularly appeared at shows around the UK and also in the model press.

It will be sold as a working layout minus rolling stock and most of the road vehicles - although there are a few that are glued down, so they will obviously stay on.

DCC system not included, but all you have to do is connect up to two wires to power up the track.

Please contact me via PM if you are serious - no "tyre kickers" please.

A viewing can be arranged. (Lancashire)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

There have been rumours, but I can formally announce that New Bryford is for sale. It will be available after the Glasgow exhibition in 22-24 February 2019.

Portable exhibition layout that has regularly appeared at shows around the UK and also in the model press.

It will be sold as a working layout minus rolling stock and most of the road vehicles - although there are a few that are glued down, so they will obviously stay on.

DCC system not included, but all you have to do is connect up to two wires to power up the track.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick

Can I have a test drive :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

• RMweb Premium

Cheers,

Mick

If you have not seen this layout and quite fancy 'recent railway' performances then get in there and make a bid; it is a cracker, first seen by me at Donny and inspiring to say the least.

Phil 

Archived