New Bryford - the Final Countdown.

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

First outing in over 10 years at Blackburn exhibition today.

A few niggly rail joints that needed fixing, then as the hall became very warm in the afternoon a couple more joints starting playing up - I'll be onto them first thing tomorrow.

Didn't manage to get any phots, but may have a few minutes before the show opens.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Good to witness the ressurection today at Accy - looks well considering what condition I heard it was in - well good - Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the compliment. I think we sorted most of the problems from the layout spending the last few years in a garage. One rail joints was proving "irritating" - however, that may have been down to the warm hall and dodgy wheels on about 3 items of rolling stock.

We tried a couple of other train combinations with success and are looking forward to it's next outing in two weeks at Model Rail Live at Barrow Hill.

We have a list of jobs - most of which are extra scenic details - but there are a few that will make it easier to transport/erect/disassemble.

Cheers,

Mick

p.s. a few pics later

Looks great and look forward to seeing it at model rail live, i know Cav said it was a pleasure to operate.

Some nice looking stock in that yard too.

Nice layout especially considering its age. The new buildings are coming on a treat. The station building particularly being prominant. looking forward to seeing the inside of that taking shape.

Cav

• RMweb Premium

Nice layout especially considering its age. The new buildings are coming on a treat. The station building particularly being prominant. looking forward to seeing the inside of that taking shape.

Cav

Nice layout considering my age :O

Design work underway tonight by Spike on the interior of the station.

Also a lighting pelmet/facia should be ready for Barrow Hill along with a few other "refinements"

Hope you enjoyed your spell on the layout.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

The lighting facia is well underway. The weather is dry so I've been outside priming/undercoating the boxes. Just trying to scrounge some gloss white from wife's work for the insides of them.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Saw this today and was seriously impressed by it! I'm the one that was asking loads of questions, If only I had read this thread first I wouldn't have had to! Loved the class 66 at the back of the ballast train with it's lantern on the dashboard, I'll be copying that I think!

Richard

Hi Richard - one of many asking questions - which we usually like to answer! :happy_mini:

Details on how to do it here -

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/553/entry-5752-aint-nobody-nicking-my-tail-lamp/

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Nice to see the layout today, its totally changed since my last viewing in the 90's this time it had sound:)

Spent most of today next door to your layout hearing the DCC sounds! ;) It's an impressive layout and your 70 looks the job!

Thanks guys. Hope to post a few pics soon.

Cheers,

Mick

Super layout viewed yesterday at MR Live. The level of movement in and out the station with various liveries of 158 etc was brill, couldnt take your eyes off it for a second, my lad was transfixed for most of the day ! Thanks !

As already mentioned the cl70 / autoballaster / cl66 with dash mounted tail lamp was train of the day !

Nice layout considering my age :O

Design work underway tonight by Spike on the interior of the station.

Also a lighting pelmet/facia should be ready for Barrow Hill along with a few other "refinements"

Hope you enjoyed your spell on the layout.

Cheers,

Mick

Its age not yours!! haha.

Anyway was nice to see it out again. The station interior with the escalators etc looking good. You will have to give Spike my appologies regarding his window questions but each time I popped over to look at the station he'd bobbied off somewhere!!!

Anyway the layout really is developing and to get the missus to say she liked an urban layout is praise indeed!!

Cav

• RMweb Premium

Nice to see this on here! Also remember Bryford Road pretty much from exhibitions and the RM article. Seem to remeber it was quite a bit more compact than this one? Are you thinking of ever posting anything on that layout?

Alas no. Bryford Road is long gone (mid-80's) and pre-dated the digital age so there are no photos other than those in the Railway Modeller - sometime in 1984 IIRC. I don't even know where the original photos are.

BR was 16' x 15" with a small fiddle yard at each end. I did have a plan to build a BR mk2 and laid out a few points, but then DCC and Blackmill got in the way of that project. As time progressed, I decided that I wanted a NB mk2 instead and the story continues from post#1 in this thread........

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

You will have to give Spike my appologies regarding his window questions but each time I popped over to look at the station he'd bobbied off somewhere!!!

Anyway the layout really is developing and to get the missus to say she liked an urban layout is praise indeed!!

Cav

Nothing new about Spike not being there - I'm sure he'll be in touch about the windows

Looks like you may get initial planning permission from SWMBO to build that out-of-town retail park extension? "Outon Oaks" perhaps? :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Super layout viewed yesterday at MR Live. The level of movement in and out the station with various liveries of 158 etc was brill, couldnt take your eyes off it for a second, my lad was transfixed for most of the day ! Thanks !

As already mentioned the cl70 / autoballaster / cl66 with dash mounted tail lamp was train of the day !

Thanks. 66 in the background on this view of the outer storage yard. Apologies for the quick "grab shots"

post-408-0-52832200-1316470412.jpg

A quick view of the station.

post-408-0-42626700-1316470462.jpg

70005 passing the warehouse

post-408-0-57534600-1316470574.jpg

60063 on the MGR's - this train and the empty coals working the other way performed faultlessly all weekend until the world's biggest camcorder turned up.

post-408-0-56901200-1316470652.jpg

And an overall view of the layout with the new lighting unit.

post-408-0-76563000-1316470705.jpg

OOOH good vantage point from 9015?.

Have to say im old enough to have seen New Bryford one and this just looked a new layout! funny how small things, I say small....can make things look so different. I was lucky enough to get in straightaway and had a good view for ages Saturday AM

Ian

Archived