DMU's & EMU's in Blue SYP

Looks like Stratford upon Avon?

It is definitely Stratford, yes.  What I'm wondering is the destination wound-up on the blind?  Evesham would be favourite, but there seems to be too much verbiage visible through the glass.

• RMweb Premium

BR southern region 4TC unit no. 405 on test at Eastleigh on 13/8/1966

https://mikemorant.smugmug.com/Trains-Railways-British-Isles/SR-and-BRS/Southern-electric-traction/i-fxzjmzK/A

Is it on test or just being delivered. The Type 3 at the other end is in green and there was only one green 33 with EPB brakes.

• RMweb Premium

Clacton unit in 1966:

27175594017_4ef25cd43d_z.jpgAM9_625_Stratford_20-9-66_crop by Robert Carroll, on Flickr

Hi Robert

Thanks for sharing the photo, it is one of 625 I haven't seen. 617 was another one in this livery.

One small issue 625 is a Walton unit. Until the two car sets were made up to four cars and the Buffets were withdrawn form the Clacton units the non-buffet four cars (AM9/3) were always detached at Thorpe le Soken and went to Walton. After the changes in the early 80s they units got all mixed up and the lead four went off to Walton. Later passengers had to change at Thorpe as they stopped splitting the trains.

• Like 1

Hi Robert

Thanks for sharing the photo, it is one of 625 I haven't seen. 617 was another one in this livery.

One small issue 625 is a Walton unit. Until the two car sets were made up to four cars and the Buffets were withdrawn form the Clacton units the non-buffet four cars (AM9/3) were always detached at Thorpe le Soken and went to Walton. After the changes in the early 80s they units got all mixed up and the lead four went off to Walton. Later passengers had to change at Thorpe as they stopped splitting the trains.

Clacton unit is how they were widely known. I was referring to type rather than destination. I agree that the front unit would be for Walton.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...