Beeches light railway, chiltern railways family funday

big jim

• RMweb Gold

yesterday was chiltern railways family funday at Adrien shooters private railway, The beeches light railway which runs round his garden

the railway is based on the darjeeling railway and features an original loco from the line as well as coaches and a replica of the station building, the track is a figure of 8 and has a double crossver so trans can run either direction round the circuit, the gradients on the line are prototypical of the actual line so the loco has to really work, and it sounds superb!!

got a few pics from the day as well as a load of videos that i have edited into a nice little feature that mr shooter said it was ok to put on youtube....

here are the pics....

b2db21ad.jpg

28936e9c.jpg

adb29aea.jpg

e18bdb8a.jpg

8bba4c95.jpg

255109d6.jpg

8f9420d9.jpg

c5a692f8.jpg

7a8eddd1.jpg

and here is the video, listen to the loco working!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9tDcYCPhBs

a brilliant day, poured down right at the end though!!

• RMweb Gold

Just shows what being in the right place at privatisation time can do for youbiggrin.gif - and what a sensible way to spend it!! Looks like a very good day Jim and nice of the boss/company to do that for the staff, definitely looks more attrractive than one of the bearded one's 'family fun days' and as good as the ones my final employer on the big railway used to arrange (where I always ended up as a Signalman - great fun).

Great railway I have been twice.

Adrian has a Hunslet diesel as well no NDM6 as these are "new". The coaches were built at Boston Lodge to FR loading gauge.

070923%20076%20bentley%20with%20D.H.R.%20b%20class%20loco.jpg

How is that for where I parked the car last time I went?

There are often days organised through the Darjeeling Society - see link in my footer.

• 2 weeks later...

Emphasises what large locos these D&HR Sharp Stewarts are, considering they are 0-4-0STs. Only the Penryn 'Ladies' approach them in size.

There were some comments made that the 4 A class built by Hunslet were there about the same time as the Linda, Blanche and the other. B class is an improved A class.

Archived