rails of sheffield

david heath

Feeling very pleased with Rails today, I ordered a batch of stuff on Wednesday evening, and it arrived by courier this afternoon, Friday.

Included was an "O" gauge Heljan "Falcon" in BR blue for the sum of £295, has to be one of my best bargain buys ever!

John.

• Like 2

Feeling very pleased with Rails today, I ordered a batch of stuff on Wednesday evening, and it arrived by courier this afternoon, Friday.

Included was an "O" gauge Heljan "Falcon" in BR blue for the sum of £295, has to be one of my best bargain buys ever!

John.

Conversely I ordered some coaches from their Ebay shop last Sunday and no sign of them even being dispatched yet even though they were expected to be delivered on Wednesday or Thursday.

Edited by royaloak
  • Like 1

Conversely I ordered some coaches from their Ebay shop last Sunday and no sign of them even being dispatched yet even though they were expected to be delivered on Wednesday or Thursday.

I received my order on Friday which was only ordered Wednesday. I would give them a ring if I were you.

Mark

If you've selected it to be delivered to argos it might be worth actually trying argos, although without the code they probably cant help you.

Having said that i picked a loco up from argos and it still says ready for collection. I collected it months ago

Two weeks on and the coaches have still not arrived, I phoned Rails and they have sent 4 replacements and refunded the other two, plus they have raised a non delivery with a certain Royal postal service, excellent service from Rails (as always), very poor service from RM again.

The last time I had an issue was also RM when they delivered a radiator shelf which had been bent 90 degrees and then straightened, unfortunately wood doesnt like being bent like that, I spoke to the supplier who informed me he was having lots of issues with RM and he was swapping to Yodel, the second one, delivered by the new courier (who I think have a poor reputation) was fine, there must be a moral there somewhere.

• RMweb Premium

I collected my order from Rails on Friday, 2x 60’s a 68 and some mk3. I was going to get delivery but given the current issues RM are seemingly having I decided to wait until I was in Worksop and popped over. Great shop and very friendly staff. Well worth the hour detour in rush hour traffic.

Had a very pleasant welcome from the Rails staff when I popped in briefly last October, Parked outside the shop but a couple of very nice lady parking wardens came in and said I could not park there. This surprised the staff who showed them a letter that parking was indeed allowed. This was after 4pm when the debated restrictions apparently applied. However it was all settled pleasantly and, yes, I did buy some goods. Am back up in the Peaks next month and am hoping to persuade mrs geoffers to pop in again with me. I do wonder if the parking issue was a false flag or is in fact in operation. Or perhaps they there were some trees in the way.

Edited by geoffers

• 3 weeks later...

Rails made an interesting comment on their Facebook page this evening, referring to 'our' new Class 117 models.

As far as i was aware these were now standard release models, has something changed or has someone used the wrong terminology?

The link goes to the three standard models reduced to £254 from £299 rrp again suggesting a standard release less 15%.

post-165-0-91386300-1522874035.png

Edited by woodenhead

Hi Guy

I must express my satisfaction in the service I have recived from rails this week I order a Hornby class 7 and it was on a 48 hour delivery and it appeared today 24hours a head of time so a big thanks to rails for the top service

Thanks

Alan

P.s I'll put this in the correct place now lol

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought a loco from Rails ebay dept, after very few runs it stopped, I rang and explained what happened, they sent me an email with a return label. After a few days I thought I'd ring to see what was the problem with the loco, "can't see a record for the repair shop" someone said, "ah it's because it's back in the post to you, should arrive tomorrow", it did. Seems the chip had packed in and was replaced FOC, excellent service from Rails, so I've placed another order with them.

Edited by tigerburnie
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Especially in light of recent unfair criticism of RAILS on another topic, I wanted to add that I have had nothing but good experiences with them, and they are generally my first port of call.

I can also repeat the sentiments above, all my dealings with Rails have positive and I have always been extremely happy with the service they provide. Their customer services are always friendly and helpful!

Alex

I agree with the post's above, really great service every time.

THANKS YOU RAILS. :sungum: 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Another order received from Rails...no complaints! Love their service.

Just wondering why they packed a small packet of couplings in a box that's as big as Hornby's boxes for locomotives. I've seen Hatton's also do this. RoS and Hatton's are quite big as retailers today. I think they should both use smaller boxes for such items. It's a total waste of bubble wrap (Hatton's) and shredded paper (RoS) when such tiny items are sent in huge boxes.

Oliver....sorry to be a wet blanket but for heaven's sake....Check the headline of your latest Merchant Navy newsletter ..please.

Hi Ian,

Yes sorry for the typo. I noticed it immediately but once you have clicked the big send button there is very little that can be done! Im sure people knew what I meant.

All the best

Oliver

• RMweb Premium

Another order received from Rails...no complaints! Love their service.

Just wondering why they packed a small packet of couplings in a box that's as big as Hornby's boxes for locomotives. I've seen Hatton's also do this. RoS and Hatton's are quite big as retailers today. I think they should both use smaller boxes for such items. It's a total waste of bubble wrap (Hatton's) and shredded paper (RoS) when such tiny items are sent in huge boxes.

Given the recent news exposure about micro plastic pollution and our dependence on single-use plastics, Rails get a big vote of thanks from me for the extensive use of shredded paper as their preferred packing material.

Whenever I get a parcel from Hattons, in comparison, I always wince at the amount of air-filled flimsy plastic packaging that surrounds my purchased goods. Yes it protects my purchase, but always makes me also feel uncomfortable at the point of receipt...

Whenever I get a parcel from Hattons, in comparison, I always wince at the amount of air-filled flimsy plastic packaging that surrounds my purchased goods. Yes it protects my purchase, but always makes me also feel uncomfortable at the point of receipt...

If you pop it, it doesn't amount to much.

• RMweb Premium

With the current high-profile campaign regarding single-use plastics I accept that these airbags might be made of recycled material but, other things being equal, my business is more likely to go to places using paper packing. Rails is among those.

• RMweb Premium

If you pop it, it doesn't amount to much.

Really? Add in all the other stuff that you feel the same about. Then multiply that by 7.6 billion people.

Rails are definitely doing the right thing here and we should be encouraging them.

Phil