Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

rails of sheffield

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#176 Oliver Rails

Oliver Rails

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 13:59

Hi. Thanks for your messages and feedback. We will be working through them along with other website feedback and making necessary changes.

Currently a lot of work is going into improving the search so I will address all search issues and hopefully we can iron out the issues.

Thanks
Oliver
  • Thanks x 1
  • Informative/Useful x 1

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#177 Ian Hargrave

Ian Hargrave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 14:48

Just when you thought your credit card was snug and safe......our favourite sales lady is back.This time in a new role on the Rails team.

A welcome return for our Sandra....late of Locomotion.......a talent too good to waste.

#178 Oliver Rails

Oliver Rails

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 13:39

GIVEAWAY.jpg

*COMPETITION*

Watch our latest YouTube video of the Bachmann 31-577 Windhoff MPV and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel for you chance to win a Bachmann 31-577 Windhoff MPV!

Existing subscribers will automatically be entered.

The winner will be announced 1st October 2017

#179 Scottish-Exile

Scottish-Exile

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales

Posted 16 September 2017 - 14:02

Concur with others regarding the Website. This week I was seeking to place an order for 10 of the new Heljan class 26's. Given this is a £1k investment, I searched on pretty much every model railway website around the country to seek out the best price.

Typing 'Heljan Class 26' into Rails site generates 1891 'results'. While the first 3 are indeed Heljan 26's (old green liveries) the 4th and 5th hit is for Gaugemaster Scenic Shovelling Snow, followed by various Canadian models.

I've placed my order, but it's not with Rails. How many others are giving up because they can't quickly find what they're looking for.

#180 Oliver Rails

Oliver Rails

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 15:18

Concur with others regarding the Website. This week I was seeking to place an order for 10 of the new Heljan class 26's. Given this is a £1k investment, I searched on pretty much every model railway website around the country to seek out the best price.

Typing 'Heljan Class 26' into Rails site generates 1891 'results'. While the first 3 are indeed Heljan 26's (old green liveries) the 4th and 5th hit is for Gaugemaster Scenic Shovelling Snow, followed by various Canadian models.

I've placed my order, but it's not with Rails. How many others are giving up because they can't quickly find what they're looking for.

Hi, Thanks for your message. 

I have taken a look into this and actually we do actually only have those three Heljan Class 26 locomotive left in stock, so the search did actually make a good match.

The newly announced class 26 locomotives have not yet been added to the site, I will be doing this shortly.

The reason that the Shovelling Snow appeared was because the code is BD-26 so it has matched on the 26.

We have a fantastic search engine but fine tuning is still needed. I agree it should not be bringing back 1891 results although the filter on the left hand side would soon filter these down.

Like I said previously we are still spending a lot of time on the search and it will be improving all the time

Thanks for your feedback and sorry we could not supply you this time. Maybe next time.

Thanks
Oliver 

Edited by Oliver Rails, 16 September 2017 - 15:23 .