Rail Express August 2011

birdseyecircus

Model mag features: News (Cad images of FTG new spa wagon,TMC horsebox announcement, images from DEMU showcase)

Reviews:Bachmann MPV, Hornby KFA, C=Rail Reefer container and a rather short review of heljans class 26 in 7mm

Features: Modellers guide to woodhead route, D&E files class 76, Elocott rd feature showing point building.

Main mag Features Editor Gareth saying farewell and welcoming Murry brown as editor., Class 81 farewell, diesels over wood head along with the usual reviews heritage etc.

The contents page lists an article on PEP EMU's but this is replaced by a pictorial on US diesels as a tribute to Gareth leaving!

Paul

Is it just me or does the paper quality of the pages inside (not the cover) feel a bit cheap and leathery this time?

It's not just you John i was thinking the same. The picture quality on a number of photo's in this months magazine is extremely poor in my opinion.

On a more positive note, the reviews in the modelling section are a good read this month.

The Stormex show at Cheltenham on 6th August is previewed, as is the 'other' Railex at Butterley the following weekend.

Well worth a read is part 7 of the Elcot Road project by Simon and Terry Bendall, dealing this month with flat-bottom turnout construction using a Colin Craig kit.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Archived