Spinners End

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Yes, very neat job Mike

It does look like a Ruston 48DS by Plymouth

I hear there is a run on Atlas shunters and hacksaws this Xmas...!

Tidy job Mike,

You've done very well to get the buffers looking so tidy considering thier humble origins, with my little diesel I ummed and arred over making some nice big industrial buffers then gave up and dumb buffered it. Might have to re-visit that in light of yours :)

2013 Exhibition Calendar Spinners End will be at the

West Bromwich Rail Model Club Wednesbury Town Hall on the 2nd March 2013

The Midlands Garden Rail Show Meridienne Exhibitions The Fosse Fosse Way Leamington Spa 16th and 17th March 2013

Hardwicke 14th April 2013

Sutton Coldfield Railway Society Bishop Walsh School 27th and 28th April 2013

Bloxwich (St John's) Model Railway Club St John's Methodist Church Victoria Ave, Bloxwich on the 18th May 2013

Redditch Model Railway Club Trinity High School Redditch on the 21st and 22nd September 2013

Cradley Heath October 19th 2013

There are some provisional dates for shows yet to be confirmed so it looks like a busy year.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well smack me with a wet kipper, it has been a long time since I posted anything on this thread. Way back as you will no doubt remember  I had to replace a curved section of track leading to the loop and coal siding. The original had a check rail whilst the new one did not, well after playing trains at Warley for two days it became obvious that the check rail needed to be reinstated, so today it has been and now wagons can be propelled and pushed through this section at breakneck speed without derailing. So now all that remains for me to do is apply a little paint - great( or should that be grate).

Mike.   "Oh! and a happy new year to you all",

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Would you be able to tell us a little more about how the turntable was made? At the moment I've had to put down the plan for "Witts End" because I had to move into a slightly smaller room and now the layout space is 8'10" x 2'0" instead of the 12'0" x 2'0" I previously had!

Archived