55022 working this weekend.

DelticBlade

Just a reminder that RSG will be heading the Peterboro' tomorrow ready for the GBRF staff train from Peterboro' to Weston-Super-Mare on Saturday.

Timings available on the RSG website and Yahoo Group. I'll be heading into Doncaster for some photographs.

Please feel free to post the photos here. Originally planned to "Do" the trip, but all to busy with kids on holiday. Hope day is a successful one for all from GBRF that have hired the train... and to those along supporting and enjoying RSG. To those working the trip, good luck.... and enjoy the run down the ECML.

excellent!! well the white bit, not sure about the smell of babies?? was it on two when it passed?

Nigel

Yes, it was. Just spoken to the chap who was at the second window and he said at the point the photo was taken, the driver had got to grips with it and it was performing well.

Just to show you can run coaches in any livery behind your preserved locos, RSG was hauling this lot:

1 Inter-City

2 carmine and creams

2 chocolate and creams

3 maroons

1 blue

2 chocolate and creams

1 maroon

Pity they can't make as much effort with the stock as they do with the loco. Never mind, at least it gives modellers the excuse to run anything they like.

Geoff Endacott

Will put some photo's on from Thursday at Doncaster. Didn't go today asone of the 66's in the convoy was not to my liking.

Will put some photo's on from Thursday at Doncaster. Didn't go today asone of the 66's in the convoy was not to my liking.

• 10 months later...

Nice photos!

I understand "the ton" was achieved in good form for the first time today just after 8.30. Hoping they all have a fantastic day out in the South west.... and that the weather's kind to all involved.

Jon

At the crossing about 200 yards from where I took the photos, there is a 100 sign post. I would have liked to see RSG is two tone green but you could hear it roaring away in the distance, there is nothing quite like it.

Nice photos!

I understand "the ton" was achieved in good form for the first time today just after 8.30. Hoping they all have a fantastic day out in the South west.... and that the weather's kind to all involved.

Jon

I was on board Jon and yes, across the levels from Bristol to Taunton we cruised at 100 for a few miles before the slightly changing grades toward Taunton pushed us under a little - there wasn't a single free seat on in 13 coach load of Mk 1s, which was about 520 tons all up. On the same tour with a similar load four years ago we'd reached 103 on the same stretch but we had a stiffish SW wind in our face this time. We streaked through Taunton at 95 and cleared Whiteball at 68 then, with power kept on, cruised for a good few miles at 102/3 until around Cullompton she was eased back. It was a great run Bristol to Exeter and a fantastic tour.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all

Thanks for posting these photos.

I am a fan of the Deltics in green and blue but I have to say I don't really like the silver cantrail grilles and fuel tanks. I think they look a bit tacky. Are others keen?

cheers

Ben A.

Archived