OO gauge Turbot

DapolDave

Yep,

One of the most important modelling decisions isn't it ?

What to spend your time on..

Eye,

I made the mistake of selling of selling my rakes of kit bashed wagons as thought the RTR ones would be better? Now i'm slowly building up my kit build rakes again as prefer the look and the end result.

Theres always something with RTR models that isn't quite right so atleast with the kit it usually is or its easier to modify

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When I asked at Warley 2014 I was told that they are basically indefinitely on hold. I was also told they are a lot more likely to be produced than the BBA. 'Tis a shame because I wanted a few of both!

Edited by sub39h

When I asked at Warley 2014 I was told that they are basically indefinitely on hold. I was also told they are a lot more likely to be produced than the BBA. 'Tis a shame because I wanted a few of both!

Cheers for the info. I'll have to pick a couple of kits up now then.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Or why not order direct from Cambrian?

Because Cambrian will not direct sell outside the UK.. perhaps the poster is located elsewhere, such as the US or Canada...?

From the Cambrian site:

PLEASE NOTE: we are no longer able to supply goods direct to the USA or Canada, as our insurers have advised us that our product liability insurance does not cover these countries.

• 6 months later...

Try Peters Spares- he carries most of the Cambrian range.

I just bought 2 Turbots from Cambrian last Sunday- opened the bag, let them fall onto the desk and they almost fell together like lego.

Excellent kits. They have nothing to fear from the never appearing RTR versions.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I'm also interested to know what's happening with these, especially in the wake of Dapol's recent announcement regarding release cancellations.

I'd like to get a rake going, I'd rather not build the Cambrian kit, as good as they are, as I want dutch livery, and masking off the sides with the doors is a bit of a pig

Well, Hattons website lists these as available for pre-order, but if you search the product codes on the Dapol website, nothing comes up.  I'd therefore suggest that they are either cancelled, or alternatively on hold indefinitely as suggested above.  It therefore depends on how much and how quickly you want a rake as I'd doubt that they will materialise soon.

• 3 months later...