Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo

Finchley Road & Frognal - pre 1967

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 D9012

D9012

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationArlesey

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:36

Does anyone have, or know where to view/obtain, pictures of Finchley Road & Frognal, yard & environs pre-1967? - the EBMRS is working on a project to build a layout based on this station..........
Cheers Chaps!

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#2 Xerces Fobe2

Xerces Fobe2

A/C removed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 15:53

I will have a look over the weekend and see what I can find

Nigel.

#3 Baby Deltic

Baby Deltic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,893 posts
  • Location30E & 34G

Posted 27 August 2011 - 16:24

My friend Jim Connor may have taken pictures of FR&F. He was certainly photographing NLR stations back in the 1960's. I'll ask him when I see him.

#4 Xerces Fobe2

Xerces Fobe2

A/C removed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:59

Does anyone have, or know where to view/obtain, pictures of Finchley Road & Frognal, yard & environs pre-1967? - the EBMRS is working on a project to build a layout based on this station..........
Cheers Chaps!

I have had a good look through my books etc and unfortunatly have drawn a blank. As " Baby Deltic" stated Jim Conner is your best bet I am sure he will of covered this station in his The London Railway Record Magazine at some point.

Xerces Fobe

#5 L49

L49

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationKempston

Posted 23 November 2011 - 13:05

It might be worth looking at joining the North London Railway historical society. We are in the process of setting up a members only online archive with sections devoted to photographs, drawings and other documents. It is also in the pipeline that there will be nominated society members to co-ordinate different aspects of interest including Modelling the NLR.
  • Like x 1

#6 LongRail

LongRail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationDunstable, Bedfordshire

Posted 13 March 2014 - 00:31

The Book

Londons Own Railway

The North LondonRailway 1846-2001

by Dennis Lovett 

Has a couple of photos of the station 1965

one from the road and one of the platform with the canopies