Easy DG

Bryn

• RMweb Gold

Good practical thread, thanks. Just wondering if anyone has used DG couplings in 7mm? (yes I know it's the 2mm area but modellers work in many scales).

Hi Chris, I've not seen them used in 7mm but one of our members has used them very successfully in 4mm. They are available in a variety of sizes and I see no reason why they shouldn't work in 7mm. The only potential problem I could see is the weight of the stock pulling the  loops out but I'm sure that could be overcome. On your little 7mm adventure with trains of half a dozen wagons or so I suspect it would be fine.

Jerry

Hi Chris, I've not seen them used in 7mm but one of our members has used them very successfully in 4mm. They are available in a variety of sizes and I see no reason why they shouldn't work in 7mm. The only potential problem I could see is the weight of the stock pulling the  loops out but I'm sure that could be overcome. On your little 7mm adventure with trains of half a dozen wagons or so I suspect it would be fine.

Jerry

I saw a post some time ago of someone who was using them is 16mm, so I assume 7mm would be no problem.

To hijack the thread a bit, what do peole feel about the advantages and disadvantages of the B&B coupling over the DG. I'm attracted to the idea of not having to bend up loops.

Mark A

Archived