Wordsworth Card Kits - Free Downloads

mikem64

I'd like to say hello to everyone on this forum as this is my first post. If I've posted in the wrong part of the form I apologise.

I have created some very simple to construction 00 gauge building that are to be used as an introduction to modelling in card.

Please do not compare them with Scalescene / Metcalfe or Superquick as they are not designed in anyway to compete with these excellent models.

These are more board fillers shall we say, or for those taking their first steps into building kits from paper & card.

How they work are like this, down load the RAR file, inside is a PDF file which you open in your normal PDF reader. Print the pages then smiply glue the printed sheet to some 300gsm card for best results.

Once you have let the glue dry it's simply a case of cutting out the patterns, make score lines so the card becomes easy to fold, once folded hold in place with glue.

A full kit normally takes approx 20mins to construct & then it is ready to be placed on your layout making the whle railway theme pull together.

I have provided these for free in the hope they will be of some use to other modellers out there. If you are interested follow the link to my home page, once there you should find it very easy to navigate your way around.

Have a browse & please feel free to leave comments here.

http://www.mike.martin.dsl.pipex.com

Thank you,

Mike.

I'm so happy other people are getting some use form these kits.

My reason behind these freebees is that these forums have given me so much help in the building of Wordsworth a loft based layout I only thought it proper to return the favour, hence these kits which do appear on my layout beside Scalescene & Metcalfe kits

I've just uploaded a new version 3 Water Tower kit, once again very simple to construct & I'm sure others will find a use for it on their layout.

Waiting in the wings shall we say is a Sand / Boiler house with a chucky chimney which has now been tested by the actual building of the proto-type.

Also waiting for the test builds are a single road engine shed & a goods shed, once again nothing that can complete with the better kits out there but will stand their own and will aid all new modellers in gaining building experience.

I've had several emails & I'd just like to say thank you for all the kind comments & support.

Keep railway modelling alive.

Mike.

Archived