Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

• RMweb Premium

We have had some enquiries recently about kits we produce for HO scale. All these have been scaled to 1:87 from our existing kits, mostly to order from overseas customers.

Ruston 165DS/DE

This was originally done to special order for a South Australian 5'3" gauge example but the frames are normal standard gauge. This is a fully produced kit in stock at £45.post-1643-0-48583900-1344241559_thumb.jpgpost-1643-0-39987200-1344241582_thumb.jpg

This is one I built recently as a 165DE for a Swedish customer.

Sentinel 0-4-0DH chain drive

This is also a production kit in stock at £42. The wheelbase (nothing else) has been stretched to fit the shortest available Tenshodo power bogie (not supplied).

post-1643-0-38334300-1344241641_thumb.jpg

More to follow

Michael Edge

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

more HO kitspost-1643-0-01392000-1344260679_thumb.jpgpost-1643-0-70004700-1344260696_thumb.jpg

This is the Spanish version of YE Taurus, my test etch build and a completed model from Spain. This has since become our second best selling kit (after the NER ES1 Bo-Bo).

For the Portuguese market we have this Sentinel

post-1643-0-95001000-1344260847_thumb.jpg

unfinished test etch model, this can be built in 16.5mm gauge or correct 5'6"

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

The final selection is a spin off from my work in 9mm scale for New Zealand, the Ruston 165DE is a complete kit for either standard gauge (BR PWM650) or 3'6"/metre gauge with outside cranks.

post-1643-0-62393300-1344261135_thumb.jpg

The Hitachi 0-4-0 is a scale down of etches for this New Zealand shunter.

post-1643-0-34726500-1344261185_thumb.jpg

Both these are the original 9mm scale models.

We also have some etches (no mouldings) for BR 0-6-0DM 11001 and Mersey Docks Hudswell 0-6-0DM

• Like 4

more HO kits...

This is the Spanish version of YE Taurus, my test etch build and a completed model from Spain. This has since become our second best selling kit...

One imagines that, had these kits come from a European kit producer, the retail price would easily have been three to four times what you are charging, Mike. No wonder your HO range is proving popular!

One imagines that, had these kits come from a European kit producer, the retail price would easily have been three to four times what you are charging, Mike. No wonder your HO range is proving popular!

They're pretty cheap to start with when comparing to other UK kit producers (either others are over charging or Judith Edge aren't into exploiting the market. Either way great value.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Yes, the last MDHB locos, far too late for running under the LOR. The first Hudswells (different type) appeared just after the LOR closed but before it was all demolished. I've not built one of these yet, HO or 4mm or 3mm but we have etches in 3mm and 1:87 scales.

• 2 weeks later...

they are one of those locos that I cant decide weather I like them or not. they look a fair bit of work too.

Im trying to concentrate on pre 1956 locos for the new MDHB layout at the moment and have got a few other things to finish.

nice pic of one.

6238965438_fdaf8739c4_b.jpg

155 MDHB loco 45 by edgehillsignalman, on Flickr

Edited by michael delamar
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Mike had at least one for sale at ExpoEM yesterday but also said the next iteration with mods should be available by Scaleforum.....Patience?

*wavers uncertainly*

It might be worth waiting a little longer. There are a few more mods/changes to add yet, on top of those that have just crept in (thanks to my visit to the MRC).

I'm paying a visit soon to Tyseley to get a closer look at 6201, so I'd give it a month or two ;)

• RMweb Premium

Someone got wires crossed there, no updates on the Princess etch yet

Mike had at least one for sale at ExpoEM yesterday but also said the next iteration with mods should be available by Sccaleforum. You can probably get one now, if you wish, but it's up to you to decide whether to wait for the next version.

Patience?

Stan

Wires crossed there, we said the J63 should be available at Scaleforum, the updated Princess is still some way off. Meanwhile for those of you who have ordered the existing version (which will be at Scaleforum) I have done some of the missing parts as an additional etch - no extra cost.

Michael Edge

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

We got the J63 out in time for Scaleforum (just!) and they sold like the proverbial hot cakes. Price is £60, we'll pack some more for Manchester this weekend.

post-1643-0-00598500-1349076204_thumb.jpg

post-1643-0-00598500-1349076204_thumb.jpg

Unlike the other GC etches we have sold this one has been worked up into a full kit with all the mouldings in addition to the n/s etch. The builder has to supply motor/gearbox/wheels/buffers. The suggested drive arrangement is a High Level Roadrunner+ on the leading axle and it can be built rigid or fully compensated. buffers are from Kean Maygib, alternative oval heads are on the etch. I haven't been able to come up with an economical way of producing the safety valves and whistle, so only the moulded base and etched safety valve lever are included in the kit.

Michael Edge

post-1643-0-17266400-1349076223_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

.....updated Princess is still some way off. Meanwhile for those of you who have ordered the existing version.... I have done some of the missing parts as an additional etch - no extra cost.

Can we order the existing version plus addition now, then?

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Premium

Can we order the existing version plus addition now, then?

We have two for you now, they are a little awkward to post since they weren't designed to fit in our boxes. If you would like to send us a cheque (payable to Judith Edge) and an address to post it to we'll get them out to you.

Michael Edge

Judith Edge kits

Bring a Hunslet 16" with you this weekend please Mike, Ive resolved to spend very little at the show apart from that one thing!! Been threatening to buy since I saw it at Scalefour North, but now is the time.

• RMweb Premium

Bring a Hunslet 16" with you this weekend please Mike, Ive resolved to spend very little at the show apart from that one thing!! Been threatening to buy since I saw it at Scalefour North, but now is the time.

Sorry Andy, last 16" just gone, we won't have any more until November now.

Mike

• RMweb Premium

I have thought about it but I already have a model of the only fireless loco I need for a layout - this is the reason for most of our steam loco kits. I did etch the motion components for the MDHB Barclay though, not for this one but for a 3mm scale one.

post-1643-0-89633200-1349677381_thumb.jpg

There are a couple of errors in this model, it's 6in. too narrow and the exhaust up the back of the cab is wrong.

• Like 17