New CJM class 50

but then you are left with all the other stock and scenery etc that probably isn't that good....So the min-marvel that is a CJM loco will look so out of place......

Chris also takes RTR rolling stock from the "Big Two" and applies his magic to them - which can involve detailing as well as weathering if you so wish. Which would then just leave the scenery...

Regards

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread as I was not aware of these new models. I just had a look at the pictures on the CJM website and these look brilliant. I've never been a big Class 50 enthusiast, mostly because the Grafar version is not that great, and I only have a couple of them in rail blue just to have around. These CJM ones look like they are worth the £495, but for me, I am getting too ham fisted in my advancing years to ensure that I wouldn't drop and ruin one. I have dropped and wrecked Grafar models before and while it is very disappointing to break a model, at least I never felt as if I'd just wasted a huge sum and I could also scavenge the parts for spares to boot. If I broke one of these, I think I'd be sad for weeks!

• RMweb Gold

:offtopic:

Found this earlier whilst sifting through some of my old spotting photos...

Even better than one CJM 50...but two of them...lovely stuff...taken at Par early eighties I recall...

post-3290-0-88566100-1318339178_thumb.jpeg

grabs coat and off to buy a lottery ticket...

I've spent a little time studying the photos and I am impressed. very impressed. That said, the more I look at the windscreens, the more I agree with Jon - it's like they gone too far with them which leads me to ask...

What is it about 50s that make them soooooo hard to get right? Lets face it, no manufacturer thus far has satisfied the masses as far as the front end is concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

What is it about 50s that make them soooooo hard to get right? Lets face it, no manufacturer thus far has satisfied the masses as far as the front end is concerned.

After all. it is not as if the prototypes are extinct is it ? Unless you live in Scotland or Kent, you are not really more than a couple of hundred miles away from a real one to poke your laser scanner at !!!!!I

Laser scanners are not a universal panacea. They throw up a lot of data that will still need to be interpreted; just look at the Dapol Western thread after the laser scan and see how the results have been altered since then several times to put back characteristics that were 'smoothed out' when the data was turned into a 3-D CAD.

HI All

Bernard has a very valid point about laser scanners, i personaly fell all these things are an aid to the design but when it really comes down to it you still need the MK1 eyeball and the tape measure.

Im sure this is how CJM and other go about things as a pic of the tape measure is less likely to lie to you.

Regards Arran

post-530-0-64928700-1319314272_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

It's been a long wait but finally they're on their way!!! Oh joy..

Very nice indeed!

Having had the fortune to play with a large logo one already and with one of those and an original NSE liveried one on the way in due course those images haven't helped my patience. But Chris' handywork is worth the wait!

I'm biased but that NSE loco is truly stunning.

• 1 month later...

Archived