Latest issue Bachmann sound fitted locos

tractor_37260

HI I have just got the NEW Bachmann blue 25 and the brake air release sound comes on well after the loco has started to move. I have spoken to Bachmann and they say it is because it was recorded on a 3.5 and is now transfered to a 4 and the starting and brake sound has gone around the wrong way and there is nothing they can do so I am having to send it to SWD and pay for it to be put right. NOT VERY GOOD! Yet my Bachy 24 is correct, I have tried changing the CV's but with no joy.

HI I have just got the NEW Bachmann blue 25 and the brake air release sound comes on well after the loco has started to move. I have spoken to Bachmann and they say it is because it was recorded on a 3.5 and is now transfered to a 4 and the starting and brake sound has gone around the wrong way and there is nothing they can do so I am having to send it to SWD and pay for it to be put right. NOT VERY GOOD! Yet my Bachy 24 is correct, I have tried changing the CV's but with no joy.

That's rather dissapointing to say the least ! having to spend more money to get it sorted. As Bachmann use SWD basic sound files, but to their spec function wise etc, I'd ask SWD re the brake/starting sound problem and also Bachmann's response.

Is your 24 - a Green D5100, and if so, does it have the latest V4 decoder fitted ? The decoder sheet will confirm, and will also state "use only 4ohm speakers" if V4 fitted.

• 2 weeks later...

I also purchased a new BM class 25 with the V4 decoder and the brake release problem.

We hope the manufacturers will give us some proper V4 sounds, we know the decoder has a lot to offer in terms of power/sound verses throttle setting.

I have never liked the way the BM loco powers up and down, its just not responsive enough to loco speed.

Howes have gone a long way to solve that problem with the V3.5 (not V4 yet)

If you take a look on You Tube at what Legomanbiffo has done you will see the benefits of the V4.

Needless to say my new 25 V4 deocder has gone for a re-blow to obtain these benefits.

So its not really fit for the purpose then. They could re-blow the chip for you. Thinking about getting 37417 with sound fitted, but hardly want to then have to get

the chip reblown at extra cost...

Keith

That's rather dissapointing to say the least ! having to spend more money to get it sorted. As Bachmann use SWD basic sound files, but to their spec function wise etc, I'd ask SWD re the brake/starting sound problem and also Bachmann's response.

Is your 24 - a Green D5100, and if so, does it have the latest V4 decoder fitted ? The decoder sheet will confirm, and will also state "use only 4ohm speakers" if V4 fitted.

Hi I cant answer that as the paperwork doesn't say as far as I can see, all I do know is that the 24 is spot on.

• 2 weeks later...

Just shows the arrogance of certain manufacturers, anything will do.

The annoying track noise on the new 20 is an example. Spoke to Bachmann rep about it-answer nothing to do with us it's SWD fault. Well that it may be but they can refuse it if the quality not up to scratch and their not happy with it, or so you would think.

E.

• RMweb Premium

66546 is a v4 release, but doesn't seem any different to the v3.5 version.

Those that have been playing with v4 - Biffo is one of them - it looks like a "kid in sweet shop" syndrome as they find new features and ways of using them. Bif's latest 66 for example, is far, far superior to any r-t-r version.

Cheers,

Mick

That's very kind of you to say Mick, the cheque is in the post :-)

I am loving the capabilities of the new chip. We are only really scratching the surface so far, I'm sure more great features will emerge the more we experiment. The software is a bit more stable now and some new 'tooltips' have appeared to explain what some of the previously unexplained check boxes do.

I am presently experimenting to find the best way of implementing all the different types of starts (failed starts, cold starts, warm starts etc) in a way that will be easy to operate and meet the needs of home users and exhibitors alike. It's going very well and you can expect to see some output soon.

Bif

I have various sound decoders in my fleet and variety is good to create some interest. I have always found howes very good and easy to drive with only a few minor tweaks. With the newer v4 chips I am certainly going to try a couple of biffos new sounds as his 66 and 37/0 sound excellent and the 156 I have is also very nice. I am interested to hear bachmanns 57 though as my wcrc model needs a decoder

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

My pal came over last night with his new purchase, 44005 Cross Fell - Bachmann 32-625DS.

He wanted me to re set his CV's 3, 4, 5 and 6.

However....the instruction sheet that comes with the loco is clearly wrong with regard to the range of values that these CV's can be set to. I dont own a V4 decoder, so dont know what the range is with this new decoder. I assume that the instruction sheet is for a V3.5, and that the loco is fitted with a V4.

Can anyone help me with the range values of these basic CV's or give me a link to an appropriate instruction sheet please.

Thanks...............Bob.

Hi Bob.

For the Loksound V4 the range for CV3,4 is 0-255 and for CV5,6 is 0-64.

The Manual can be found here

Regards

Ray.

Hi Ray,

Your a star.......no wonder I was tying myself in knots last night..????

Hows your soldering going? :scratchhead:

Many thanks...........Bob.

Hows your soldering going? :scratchhead:

Many thanks...........Bob.

Hi Bob.

Have a look at my thread http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/49161-first-attempt-at-handbuilt-track-a-complete-novice%E2%80%99s-experience/ (there's a direct link in my signature). Not done much over the Christmas hols, too many family visits, but did manage to knock up a few baseboards so look out for a new thread starting soon.

Regards

Ray.

• 1 year later...

Hi Andrew

Do You still have your Bachmann class 24 sound instruction sheet I have miss laid mine and need to know what function number is linked to what sound, if you still have it could you help me out and scan it and email it to me no help from Bachmann's site as far as the sound sheets are concern. Here is hoping someone can help.

Best Regards

Michael Crook email : mcrook51@hotmail.com

Hi Andrew

Do You still have your Bachmann class 24 sound instruction sheet I have miss laid mine and need to know what function number is linked to what sound, if you still have it could you help me out and scan it and email it to me no help from Bachmann's site as far as the sound sheets are concern. Here is hoping someone can help.

Best Regards

This thread might help?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/13833-class-24-sound-info-sheet/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrew

Best Regards

Hi Michael I have just see your post, unfortunately all my paperwork is packed ready for a House move two weeks ago that fell through, if I find it I will send it over.

Andy

• 2 months later...

How can you find out what Version of chip you have in a 20? I have two that were Green ones, and  want to get them re blown

Take the body off and remove the two small screws that hold the speaker assembly, on the rear of the speaker it should either have 100ohm or 4ohm marked on it   100ohm = V3.5    4ohm = V4 

HTH

Archived