Model Rail 163 December

johnd

• RMweb Gold

I just want to gove a quick thumbs up to the Subscriptions Department.

My Model Rail arrived without a DVD.

One quick phone call and a very nice lady is sending me another copy of the mag.

Excellent service :)

• RMweb Gold

I've been to several WHS today (up and down the M5 and Cribbs Causeway Bristol) and they still have issue 162, so unfortunately haven't seen 163. I saw St Merryn at York at Easter and very impressive it is too - looking forward to seeing in MR!

As I am on subscription mine uaually arrives on the Monday before it arrives in the shops, this month it was Saturday so that was a bonus.

Think the message might be put it on subscription.The only time mine was late was over the christmas period and that must be down to Royal Mail.

As I am on subscription mine uaually arrives on the Monday before it arrives in the shops, this month it was Saturday so that was a bonus.

Think the message might be put it on subscription.The only time mine was late was over the christmas period and that must be down to Royal Mail.

I've been getting mine on subscription for the past six months and it has been consistently 4-5 working days after it hit the shelves of Smith's Reference Library ...

I always look forward to the shift in the box when I take the new MR with me; it aye gings that wee bitty fester atween trainies ;o)

Another great issue. As ever, remarkably stimulating. However, I should like to put in my 2d worth. The review of Hornby's maroon observation car Sc281 says that it was mainly associated with the Kyle line. Only in 1967. Before that year it was always associated with the Oban (Glen Ogle) line.

This is where I'm still sitting on the edge of my seat as far as Hornby is concerned:

The tooling is there, the dedication towards authentic livery is there.

2012 catalogue: Sc280M in red Pullman lining (BR roundels)? PLEASE? (just remember the end window toplights).

• RMweb Gold

Another themed issue that really works! Is that your handiwork on the L&B or just a namesake Mr York! ;)

Cracking layout and photography, that said St Merryn is beautiful and will hope to see it out and about. The little china clay layout by Peter Marriott is a good how to for inspiration of all levels of ability.

I'd like to complain that there's nowt to complain about! ;)

Erm; 3rd November was supposed to be the shelf date so please don't be surprised it wan't there.

Apparently not the shelf date in Hinckley, as the shelves around here are still groaning with weight of unsold November issues.

I obviously need to move to Hailsham(#34 above), as the 48 hour delay reeks of yet another unacceptable North/South divide :no:

I wouldn't normally post about this but mine hasn't arrived yet! I'm finding it very frustrating reading this thread each day with more and more people commenting on what they're enjoying! This will be the third copy since my subscription started and so far it has been on time/early. Oh well - there are more important things in life!! Hopefully tomorrow ready for the weekend!

• RMweb Gold

I thought it was a really good issue, the Cornish hedge was very good. I have to confess my favourite picture has to be on page 89 of Carrick Road of Neil's sheer amount of stock required to run that line, I never realised how busy the Withered Arm was! :O :D

Well done chaps, great work.

Regards,

Nick

• RMweb Gold

Picked up my copy from the Gas cupboard this evening. Just settling down for a read before bedtime and looks to be a really top notch issue only let down by the fact that the film on the cover isn't offered in beta-max format :no:

Jerry

Like others on the forum, my subscription did not arrive - a call to the subscription at Great Magazines advised me to 'buy where you can' as they have no further stocks but they will credit me with two issues.

Not the service that I expected. :no2:

Tim

I had an automated email yesterday (the official due date) saying my subscription would be with me in 3-5 working days ... given that the other railway magazine I subscribe to always arrives a day or two before its due in the shops I wasn't that impressed :(

'St Merryn - What We Did, Why & How We Did It'. I recall it's around a tenner - it's a great buy and IMHO quite under priced for he quality and content. It's available from the Scalefour Soc and from the crew when the layout is on the road. The Model Rail feature covers a slightly different angle, so the two compliment each other well.

Archived