2011 Diorama Challenge Voting now open

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

So when and where will the results be announced ?

Since the competition was in concert with a printed publication, I think Andy Y's words in post #67 probably tell us as much as he knows.

"originally the intention was to coincide the results with them appearing in MR but I'll need to check on what's happening with that first."

• RMweb Gold

"originally the intention was to coincide the results with them appearing in MR but I'll need to check on what's happening with that first."

But then so was the news of the Kernow Gate stock - the problem with mags is that I and other subscibers might well be reading the results courtesy the Postie before the official release date on RMWeb (which seemed to me to be where the bulk of the entries originated).

Since the competition was in concert with a printed publication, I think Andy Y's words in post #67 probably tell us as much as he knows.

Thanks for that,

I missed Andy's post hence me asking the same question that others have asked.

I understand that things might have gone a bit out of kilter as I belive Model rail was going to show various models as they progressed and generally encourge participation and voting but this didn't seem to happen in the end which probably accounts for the low number of votes compaired to the magizine circulation numbers.

Still never mind I've waited this long another few days/weeks won't hurt and the process was v enjoyable anyway plus I've since moved on to the next project now but all the same it will be interesting to see what the results are.

• RMweb Gold

But then so was the news of the Kernow Gate stock - the problem with mags is that I and other subscibers might well be reading the results courtesy the Postie before the official release date on RMWeb (which seemed to me to be where the bulk of the entries originated).

My take is the same on the origin of the bulk of the entries. What I haven't checked is the "joining date" of some of the RMWeb entrants - they may actually be MR readers who chose to enlist here so they could better promote their offerings. And how many of the RMWeb entrants are contented MR readers as well? I have no idea, but cross-promotion between RMWeb and a printed medium is always going to be good news.

• Like 1

I've had a chat with Ben at MR and can confirm that the overall winner will be announced in the next issue of MR which is due to be published on 29th December. Because of the number of releases coming through and news items it would be impractical to give an extended breakdown of the results in the next mag and to hold on until the late January issue wouldn't be fair. Of course with distribution taking place over the Christmas period it's in the lap of distribution network and Royal Mail it's impossible to say when subscribers copies may actually arrive. I will prepare a results breakdown for here which will include more information that will be released as soon as the subscribers' copies hit the mats.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. i know the server has been down and i appreciate the problems thus created and am also grateful for the hardwork in getting RMweb back online but i have to ask where are the results in MR mag? I looked through it several times and did'nt find any pages regarding the competition let alone any with results on? Certainly nothing on the contents page. Thanks for all your hard work. THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT before people start.

Edited by firefly9

The announcement of the winner was not made in MR165. I did submit an article and image ahead of the deadline but it wasn't included. I do propose making the full results available on here over the next couple of days.

• Like 6