Farish Class 20

HealeyMills

Having checked the GF website I notice there are no dates for the availability of the class 20 - merely a 'squiggle' indicating that they are on order. When the announcement was made for the retooled version was there a hint of a release date?

Has anyone seen any information on the disc headcode version, i.e. will the discs be etch?

Cheers

Lee

Edited by HealeyMills

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Ooo, that looks rather tasty! And since two of these have visted the Mid Hants, looks like it's on the list! :swoon:

As for release date, the 5MT first broke cover at the Bachmann open day in July last year, and it's now 6 months later and still no sign of even painted samples, so I wouldn't worry about seeing the 20 in the shops for another 6 - 7 months yet!

Tom.

Edited by TomE

Just discussed on one of the 'yahoo' forums are a couple of errors with the new loco:

1. The side grille/ doors. It seems that the first panel (nearest the nose) should be a grille similar to those adjacent the cab. Compare for yourself:

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/details.php?id=7&vis=2

and this...

http://www.martinbray-ukloco.com/images/class20/20054-buxtond-260688.jpg

2. The buffers 'should' :pleasantry: be of the round type not oval.

I guess there will always be differences within the fleet but the vent/ door panel difference doesn't sound as though it is unique to one loco.

Not normally into picking fault with locos but I just hope someone at Bachmann reads this and picks up on it before the loco goes to production... or is it too late already???

Cheers

Lee

• RMweb Premium

The angle of the photo makes it quite hard to judge the front grill. However something that doesn't look right to me are the steps on the frames. These appear to be offset when compared to each other instead of being in line. The top step also appears to be bigger than the bottom one. Hopefully this is again just an illusion caused by the angle of the photo.

• RMweb Premium

The deeper sections at both ends of the footplate valance have been shortened, which is probably why the lower steps don't align quite right (the front one in particular seems to have been pushed forward). I'd guess this is with the aim of providing sufficient clearance between the valance and the sandboxes, but it's possible they've overdone it somewhat. As the model is only an engineering sample these dimensions may not be set in stone yet.

Ah, perhaps the model is aimed at reproducing the green version too then... hence the oval buffers. Not too drastic as those can be changed I guess.

Ho hum

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee

The blurb underneath the pic on the Bachmann Website does say that this represents the BR green variant.

Sounds like the other two initial releases will represent earlier BR models too but in blue..

Regards

Roy

• RMweb Premium

Not normally into picking fault with locos but I just hope someone at Bachmann reads this and picks up on it before the loco goes to production... or is it too late already???

Cheers

Lee

Hi

Instead of hoping why not contact Bachmann and let them know of the issues, then they might get corrected.

Cheers

Paul

Does the OO version have the correct grill arrangement? If so, and assuming the same CAD drawings are used as a starting point for the N version, then I'd hope that no new errors were "drawn" in. No-one would be that daft......would they?

Regards

Tony

Does the OO version have the correct grill arrangement?

The answer is yes - it does have the correct grill arrangement... so lets hope no one is that daft :no:

And I have just noticed that the OO BR Blue version has round buffers.... panic over!

(If only I'd thought to look at the OO version first)

Cheers

Lee

Whilst it looks like there is some material missing to allow bogie clearance, don't forget when viewed head on, the bufferbeam is angled in towards the bottom, as is the part of the solebar where the lower step is mounted. This means when view 3/4 angle, the lower step looks further forward than the upper one, as per this photo

post-6899-0-85694700-1326928698_thumb.jpg

jo

Whilst it looks like there is some material missing to allow bogie clearance, don't forget when viewed head on, the bufferbeam is angled in towards the bottom, as is the part of the solebar where the lower step is mounted. This means when view 3/4 angle, the lower step looks further forward than the upper one, as per this photo

post-6899-0-85694700-1326928698_thumb.jpg

jo

Anyone got a shrinking gun?? this will do nicely!

Mark.

The thing with 20's is you've always gotta have two ;) LOL

Regards

Lee

I suspect Bachmann know this... :no: That, along with the longevity of the class, the small variations to the basic design and the variety of liveries carried over the years is going to make this model a cash cow for Bachmann - assuming it isn't manufactured to 1:160!

I am looking forward to seeing this model come out.

Matt

I suspect Bachmann know this... :no: That, along with the longevity of the class, the small variations to the basic design and the variety of liveries carried over the years is going to make this model a cash cow for Bachmann - assuming it isn't manufactured to 1:160!

I am looking forward to seeing this model come out.

Matt

I'm sure they do! LoL, but fair play...I'll certainly have a pair later on.

Regards

Lee

• 4 months later...