Rail Express December 2011

jonathan452

An observation.... some errors have crept in to this mag.

Jon

The E-version is littered with errors in the page headers too, wonder if its just mine or if anyone else has that too

As for the "Bookazine"... I know me and others have been onto RE to do a compendium of Retrospectrums and Modellers Guides that have appeared over the years.

Will be interesting to see what is in this and how it comes out as the back issue list is getting thinner and thinner

Mark

• RMweb Gold

I've kept a file of all the 'Retrospectrums' (as well as all the other interesting bits) because they are so useful...particularly the livery dates etc. I do find however that this has been more difficult since RE went 'supersized'... sometimes it's very difficult to trim the magazine to fit into a pouch without losing text. Thus I'm sure the book will be a very welcome addition to my bookshelf.

PS

My cynical self wonders if the 'supersizing' was to deter people from keeping the articles leaving the way open for a book :nono:

Surely not.

My cynical self wonders if the 'supersizing' was to deter people from keeping the articles leaving the way open for a book :nono:

Surely not.

I think that your cynical self needs to chill out a bit. I never understood why the super-size issues weren't more popular: I really liked them, but this seems to have been a bit of a minority view :scratchhead:

• RMweb Gold

I think that your cynical self needs to chill out a bit. I never understood why the super-size issues weren't more popular: I really liked them, but this seems to have been a bit of a minority view :scratchhead:

No need to worry... my cynical self is very small :sungum:

I'm not really into conspiracy theories... but I do think that the unorthodox size (rather than the content) might have caused it ill will.

• 3 months later...

One area that disapointed was the lovely selection of photos of Alex Carpenter's Red Stripe locos... the title text suggested that here he described some weathering projects... which I mistook for an explanation of how the results were achieved ... which it didn't. The blue paint showing through on the 47 looked great... wish we could get an explanation... a "how to" sometime?!?

Otherwise... as I've already said... a good read, again. Still nice print reproduction on good quality paper too... which maked it stand out, IMHO.

Jon

Hi Jon, Yes I'll do something on here explaining the techniques used on 47322 for you ;) I'll be doing some 'how to' weathering articles at some point in REM. Cheers, Alex

Archived