Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo

Diamond Jubilee

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alan76

Alan76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 19 November 2011 - 18:22

Has anyone else noticed that it'll be 60 years next February since the start of regular electrically-hauled services on stage one of the MSW? There had been test running for several months beforehand but February 4 1952 was the official cutover date. It would be nice to mark it - but how? I think the Middleton Railway show next July is intended to have a Woodhead theme - I'm taking Mini-MSW and I think they were chasing others. And I believe a certain C. Petty and others make a pilgrimmage to Dunford Bridge on the anniversary of the closure. Any ideas anyone?

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#2 great central

great central

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 14:42

Any idea of the Middleton Railway dates next year? Deepcar is still available for shows, even though it'll be in it's 22nd year by then!

#3 Alan76

Alan76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:47

It's some time in July. It's organised by Ian Dobson, who might be on here, I'm not sure and Andy Hardy, who I think is on here. I've just realised that I've deleted the email inviting me and I've heard nothing since! So hopefully they are aiming for a Woodhead theme and hopefully, I am still going!

Alan