Strange livery transitions

D605Eagle

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Reviving an old thread, I believe a few class 44/46/46's acquired blue small yellow panel at some stage. Did any class 37/40's ever get BSYP?

cheers N

I think the BSYP style was only used by a few works, Swindon and Derby spring to mind as the main ones, which would have limited the classes that carried that livery, which was very short-lived as full yellow ends became standard from late 1966 or early 1967, not that that prevented Crewe turning out new D1111 in GSYP around that time.

• 2 months later...

Reviving an old thread, I believe a few class 44/46/46's acquired blue small yellow panel at some stage. Did any class 37/40's ever get BSYP?

cheers N

Only 45s. Toton sprayed at least 20 in June 1966. D4 is supposedly another but all the evidence says not.

• 2 years later...
On 19/03/2017 at 10:21, robertcwp said:

I think the BSYP style was only used by a few works, Swindon and Derby spring to mind as the main ones, which would have limited the classes that carried that livery, which was very short-lived as full yellow ends became standard from late 1966 or early 1967, not that that prevented Crewe turning out new D1111 in GSYP around that time.

Looking at introduction dates, if Crewe' s build had switched to blue at the same time as Loughborough, D1105-11 would have looked like D1953-61. 

• 3 months later...