Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo

Kernow commission ex LSWR Gate Stock Pull Push Sets

• Please log in to reply
748 replies to this topic

#1 Taz

Taz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationPlymouth

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:19

Just received my January Model Rail and in it is news that Kernow Model Rail Centre have comissioned Dapol to produce ex LSWR push pull gate stock.

They will be produced in packs containing a Driving Brake Composite and a Third.

4 packs will be available in lined Maunsell green, unlined Malachite, BR Crimson and BR southern Green.

RRP is £99 with delivery expected late 2012/early 2013.

Excellent news :)

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#2 Poor Old Bruce

Poor Old Bruce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:53

Just the job to go with the 02 then :)

#3 Andy Y

Andy Y

RMweb Editor

• Administrators
  • 14,427 posts
  • LocationStaffs

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:26

The information has leaked out earlier than planned (it should have been at the end of this week) with it appearing in the subs copy hitting the doormat from today.

Unfortunately Chris Trerise is away from the business and is not in a position to give an update today.

I've just spoken to the shop who are already receiving calls from customers wanting to order. The shop is not in a position to take orders yet, pricing and ordering details may appear in their newsletter at the end of this week.

Can I please ask any readers not to contact the shop about this until it has been officially announced on their website and newsletter. After all they're already busy sending other orders out!
  • Like x 3

#4 Graham_Muz

Graham_Muz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • LocationPrinces Risborough - South Bucks

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:37

Thanks Andy

I, having been involved with this project, will be in a position to post the full press release later in the week to coincide with the Kernow Newsletter and the ordering process being up and running.

#5 The Stationmaster

The Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30,131 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:37

It's always regrettable when things like this leak earlier than the planned date as I'm sure some of the impact of a proper launch is lost (especially, as in this case, when some of us have already known about it for some months and have respected confidences). But alas I think this sort of thing is unavoidable when it is contained in magazines where subscription copies are in circulation before press date and that is at least better than leaking in other ways such as 'I know what XYZ are releasing on the last Tuesday before Christmas' etc.
  • Friendly/Supportive x 1

#6 Taz

Taz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationPlymouth

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:44

Sorry guys, didn't mean to tread on anyones toes :blush:

I assumed (and we all know what assumption is) that once it was in the printed press it was considered public knowledge.
  • Like x 4

#7 Graham_Muz

Graham_Muz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • LocationPrinces Risborough - South Bucks

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:53

With permisison of Chris Trerise at Kernow Model Centre I am happy to post the following full announcement. Chris has also advised me to ask for those interested to pre-order via the website rather then directly with the shop at this moment in time.

We are pleased to announce that we have commissioned Dapol to produce the much-requested LSWR Push-Pull Gate Set in OO Gauge. This will be produced from tools owned by Kernow Model Rail Centre and will be to the same high standard as the Beattie Well Tank and forthcoming Adams O2 Models. We will be working closely with Graham Muspratt and Mike King to ensure the models are as accurate as possible.

prod_35804.jpg
prod_35804_1366.jpg

k1001 Set number 363 in SR Lined Maunsell Green livery

K1002 Set number 373 in SR unlined Malachite Green livery

K1003 Set number 374 in BR Crimson livery

K1004 Set number 373 in BR (SR) Green livery

Each twin pack will contain the Driving Brake Composite and Third coach and will be priced at £99.99 including postage to UK addresses.

Delivery is expected late 2012 to early 2013.

Note: Post updated 29th Nov to reflect the correction to the item K1001 which will now be Set 363 to reflect the reforming of Set 372 to set 363 in 1933.
  • Like x 9

#8 Kris

Kris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,319 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in darkest Cornwall

Posted 28 November 2011 - 14:29

I hope that these sell well for Kernow. If they do I would love to see them shrink to N. They would go rather nicely behind the M7.

Nice photos of the Turnchaple Station.

#9 spamcan61

spamcan61

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationHants/Dorset border

Posted 28 November 2011 - 14:54

I assumed (and we all know what assumption is) that once it was in the printed press it was considered public knowledge.

Well; by definition, it is.

Edited by spamcan61, 28 November 2011 - 14:54 .

• Like x 2

#10 WindyHale76

WindyHale76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Posted 28 November 2011 - 15:03

Looks like something I'm going to be buying in the future. Hopefully The Yeovil set will be included at some point in the distance future.
  • Like x 1

#11 Torn-on-the-platform

Torn-on-the-platform

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationScunthorpe

Posted 28 November 2011 - 15:05

Don't worry Taz - no one is accusing you of any wrongdoing!

These fit nicely into my criteria of 'All things Southern' and/or 'Possible on a preserved GWR BLT in Devon' (just about). This is indeed good news!

I will be interested to see how they compare to Hornby's Maunsells, particularly when it comes to livery application.

I understand that the Bluebell tried to save set 373 but they were accidentally disposed of at a stopping point en-route. Full story here for those interested:

http://www.bluebellr...earlydays5.html

#12 Oldddudders

Oldddudders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,415 posts
  • LocationLe Mans, France

Posted 28 November 2011 - 16:09

Is it me, or did hell just freeze over?

Amazed of France
  • Like x 1

#13 DJM Dave

DJM Dave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,381 posts
  • LocationLiverpool for my sins

Posted 28 November 2011 - 16:12

not quite frozen over just yet......knowing Chris's plans, just wait a year or 2 ;-) :locomotive:
cheers
Dave
  • Like x 1

#14 BlackRat

BlackRat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 16:18

Ian, to quote the song..............

You aint seeeeeeen nothing yet! ;)

What great news, cheered up a rather fluey BlackRat ere!

Edited by BlackRat, 28 November 2011 - 16:19 .

#15 Bill

Bill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Canada

Posted 28 November 2011 - 16:31

Is it me, or did hell just freeze over?

Amazed of France

Equally stunned and amazed of Canada
  • Like x 1

#16 Barry Ten

Barry Ten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 28 November 2011 - 16:33

This is a bit good. Excellent, very welcome development.

#17 The Stationmaster

The Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30,131 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 16:33

not quite frozen over just yet......knowing Chris's plans, just wait a year or 2 ;-) :locomotive:
cheers
Dave

I am ;)

#18 Godfrey Glyn

Godfrey Glyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 17:09

Wonderful, wonderful news! Cannot possibly have only one set!!

Godfrey

#19 John B

John B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,642 posts
  • LocationVariable

Posted 28 November 2011 - 17:49

Delighted and excited about this news. Thanks to all concerned!

#20 darren01

darren01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • LocationDevon, in the middle of nowhere!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 18:02

:locomotive: :sungum:

#21 Tim Hale

Tim Hale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 28 November 2011 - 18:10

Saves having to find a Jidenco set and then build the awful thing.

It will be a nice companion to the Blacksmith set:

Posted Image

Tim

#22 coachmann

coachmann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18,716 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 18:14

They will make delightfull models with bags of character. Derek Lawrence and I produced quite a number of these from etched brass kits in the 1980s (Jidenco's?) and it was from that standpoint that I talked a more recent etched brass coach manufacturer out of doing them! Not easy to built and definitely not a bundle of joy to mask up and line out in LSWR and early SR liveries, so a plastic RTR pair will remove much of the pain.........!
  • Like x 1

#23 bluex5

bluex5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 18:21

This announcement is commonly know as "giving the people what they want". There has been a requirement for a nice push pull set ever since the SR invasion started, especially with models like the M7 needing something prototypical to pull. Personally I'd of liked a Maunsell set, but the LSWR one is just as usefull and should make for one hell of a model if Dapol / Kernow do their homework.
  • Like x 1

#24 AberdeenBill

AberdeenBill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 18:29

WOW.... Now, how about somebody kindly reprinting "LSWR Coaches in the 20th Century" at a sensible price....

Bill

#25 Oldddudders

Oldddudders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,415 posts
  • LocationLe Mans, France

Posted 28 November 2011 - 18:38

WOW.... Now, how about somebody kindly reprinting "LSWR Coaches in the 20th Century" at a sensible price....

For us iggerant peasants, I consider that Mike King's "Southern Pull-Push Stock" actually provides plenty of detail and decent drawings. Not, mind you, that I will be indulging in the "gift horse in the mouth" sort of public scrutiny that seems to accompany every new release. Just a sense of disbelief....

A day to rejoice, whatever - and as for Mr Dapol saying I ain't seen nothin' yet, well at 63 there's a statistical risk I might not be around for some of it!
  • Like x 1