Kernow commission ex LSWR Gate Stock Pull Push Sets

Taz

• RMweb Gold

Who would have thought a model shop in Cornwall would produce more new toolings in a single year than some of the industries longest established national players ?

Clever folks them Cornish, here in London they turned a pasty into a £10 city boys lunch

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

FYI. I spoke to a very nice gentleman at Kernow about my order. Apparently they are overwhelmed by orders for the gate stock (and the Bullieds) and are having to hire new people to handle packing and posting the orders. This suggests that both items will be very successful and hopefully lead to more goodies!

Ah, yes, when they've had previous commissioned stuff to send out, they've requested that we don't chase orders, unless it's to update card details etc, as a significant amount of packing time is lost that way.

• RMweb Premium

Clever folks them Cornish

Without us there might never have been steam locomotives, railways and this hobby ;)

And we might not have had some of the metals, precious and otherwise, used in railways of all sizes.  How many copper stays were from Cornish ore f'rinstance?

Plus we gave you the pasty which shouldn't be anything like a tenner - not even at City prices - unless accompanied by a pint.  Pasty-and-pint is still around a £6 croust in Cornwall.

Edited by Gwiwer

• RMweb Gold

Without us there might never have been steam locomotives, railways and this hobby ;)

And we might not have had some of the metals, precious and otherwise, used in railways of all sizes.  How many copper stays were from Cornish ore f'rinstance?

Plus we gave you the pasty which shouldn't be anything like a tenner - not even at City prices - unless accompanied by a pint.  Pasty-and-pint is still around a £6 croust in Cornwall.

Pint on its own is £6 here.
  • Like 1

And we might not have had some of the metals, precious and otherwise, used in railways of all sizes.  How many copper stays were from Cornish ore f'rinstance? ..........

Or  . . . . . . . . . POLDARK  !

Ah, yes, when they've had previous commissioned stuff to send out, they've requested that we don't chase orders, unless it's to update card details etc, as a significant amount of packing time is lost that way.

Would get through the orders even faster if they sent the correct version out first time  - just made a trip to the Post Office to send the (beautiful) incorrect version back that arrived with me today!

They do look stunning though.

Ever bought a pasty at the Eden project? No pint in sight for £6.00 there!

Back on topic. Well impressed with my model of set 374, been a long wait but still years quicker than me trying to get round to building one. Well done Kernow, a truly splendid model.

• Like 1

Come to me my lovelies!! 

Notification from Kernow, they're in the post  :imsohappy: so they are up towards the end of 2016 now in the order stakes.

Not sure about that one. My set were ordered in Jan 2013 and I've heard nothing as of yet.
  • Like 1

I also ordered that month and mine arrived yesterday. Is there any chance that your card details have expired and Kernow need an update?

No I telephoned them direct and paid early as requested by them in order to keep the pre order price. The money left my account a month or so ago. I may just send them an email or give them a ring to check.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

No idea when I ordered mine.....Don't want to bother Kernow to check.

I can wait......I can.....'onest guv...!

Rob

• RMweb Gold

I also ordered that month and mine arrived yesterday. Is there any chance that your card details have expired and Kernow need an update?

I ordered my two in (I think) 2012 and paid for them in the shop to lock in the pre-order price three or four weeks ago, nothing yet.

It just happened that I was down that way but I'm beginning to wonder if, because I did that, they think I intend to pick them up in person. 

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

I ordered my two in (I think) 2012 and paid for them in the shop to lock in the pre-order price three or four weeks ago, nothing yet.

It just happened that I was down that way but I'm beginning to wonder if, because I did that, they think I intend to pick them up in person. 

John

I ordered one set in 2012 (August, I think) and one in 2015, and they arrived yesterday.  So, presumably, Kernow are working on 2012 orders at the moment. 

Chris KT

I ordered one set in 2012 (August, I think) and one in 2015, and they arrived yesterday.  So, presumably, Kernow are working on 2012 orders at the moment. 

Chris KT

I don't think so I ordered in Dec 2011 and paid in Sept this year and no sign of them yet.

They have posted on their facebook page that of this evening they have sent every order that was paid for by 30 September. So anyone who actually paid for it in October or November still have to have their order processed. The crucial thing seems to be the date of payment not the date of the original order.

Edited by Butler Henderson

Kernow put a Gate Stock update on Facebook this evening- Thanks for bearing with us!  The Gate Stock has been here for a week and so far we have processed about a third of the orders.  We will keep working as fast as we can, but please bear in mind we are at Warley this weekend, which takes half our staff away.  As of this evening, we have sent every order which was paid for up to 30th September.  PLEASE NOTE- it is not the date of the original order, it is the date you paid us that we are using.  We initially e-mailed/contacted everyone in strict date order, some people immediately authorised us to take payment, some waited for several weeks, some a period between immediately and several weeks!  We will continue to process them as quickly as possible, a process that will be speeded up if we don't have to keep answering phone calls and e-mails asking when a particular order may be sent!  You have been very patient waiting for a number of years in some cases, please give us just a couple more weeks!

I am not connected to Kernow apart from being a customer who is currently awaiting two sets of Gate Stock that have been paid for, and will allow them time to send them to me.

Colin

So here they are. Gate stock 373 being pulled by the Kernow O2 30182 just like the photo on their website here: http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/117/LSWR_Gate_Stock

I chose set 373 not just to match the O2 as per the photo but equally the set was a Bluebell preservation might have been.

I have to say these coaches are superb and full of character. The reported minor faults are not noticeable on the layout (lack of passengers is). Running qualities are very good. Well done Kernow.

post-15098-0-18912500-1511392519_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

They have posted on their facebook page that of this evening they have sent every order that was paid for by 30 September. So anyone who actually paid for it in October or November still have to have their order processed. The crucial thing seems to be the date of payment not the date of the original order.

Thanks, I paid for mine on 10 October, so hopefully not long to wait. 

John