RMWeb Taunton Members Day 2012 - full line up now announced!

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

My hotel for the Sat evening is also booked (thanks for the £25 heads up Stu!) and looking forward to the day already. Not missed one yet, I am sure I can muster up a display of something or other...

• RMweb Gold
In the mean time here's a little taster for the day! (Wrong county I know, but close enough!) :lol:

I really must apologise for the actions of an unauthorised spokesman. It's not his fault really, he's just going through his Ambrosia Period.... :P

I can confirm that no Ambrosia or any other form of creamed rice will be offered (forcibly or otherwise) to our guests on 29th April.

I can further confirm that delicious pasties will be available as usual.

There will be no need for anyone else to offer to do the washing up, by the way (but thanks for asking) - we now have our volunteer... :D :lol:

• RMweb Gold

I really must apologise for the actions of an unauthorised spokesman. It's not his fault really, he's just going through his Ambrosia Period.... :P

I can confirm that no Ambrosia or any other form of creamed rice will be offered (forcibly or otherwise) to our guests on 29th April.

Say oooo rrr, say oooo rrr, say oooo rrr it's Ambrosia! :P

On a more serious note are we planning to do another auction this year Tim?

• RMweb Gold

Well, we normally meet in The Cross Keys in Norton Fitzwarren - good food and plenty of room - I will confirm this later, of course.

I hope so, its the only one of many reasons i make the trek down to the deep south ( yes i know its just near the top but for me its still a long way :laugh_mini: ) to meet up with friends and have a great time.

However after saying that it means i won't be asked next year :rolleyes_mini: :lol_mini:

cheers

SImon

• RMweb Gold

I hope so, its the only one of many reasons i make the trek down to the deep south ( yes i know its just near the top but for me its still a long way :laugh_mini: ) to meet up with friends and have a great time.

However after saying that it means i won't be asked next year :rolleyes_mini: :lol_mini:

cheers

SImon

Simon - don't worry, we'll definitely be meeting on the Sat evening, and almost certainly in the Cross Keys, but my bureaucratic cautiousness simply holds me back from confirming until I have actually made the reservation!... ;)

• RMweb Gold
On a more serious note are we planning to do another auction this year Tim?

That rather depends on whether we have anything to auction off.

And if you offer yet another can of Tinned West Country Cliches I'll bring my washing up from home for you to do as well!!! :P

Hope to be there again. No micro layouts from me though, this time, you'll be relieved to know...that's reserved for Dave and Marcus' excellent Minehead show at the beginning of August, when it's actually built!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

One or two folk have suggested that it would be nice to have some of the 2011 Challenge dioramas at Taunton this year. I agree, and am happy to make some space available.

So, we already have one diorama confirmed - thank you, BlackRat! - so if anyone else would like to bring their 2011 Challenge diorama along to Taunton on Sunday 29/4/12, please could you send me a PM!

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

There is the slightest, tiniest, teensiest, miniscule chance that I, one of the farthest-flung of all RM webbers, might actually be there! My current plans see me in the UK that week but currently without a vacancy in the diary that weekend. However you never know what might happen .......................

Archived