Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The MREmag & RMweb Wishlist Poll – 2012

Andy Y

Just completed the poll and it was difficult not to become 'click happy', I completed it with the things I would buy tomorrow in mind but clearly if it was all released tomorrow I would need to remortgage. It did make me think though a voting limit would focus results into what people really want now, in nexts years poll will there be a same as last years button because it won't all be released! I know there are reasons not to have a limit but just wanted to put in my 2p worth.

In the final bit I wanted to put modern trams as a scenic item but hit the wrong button and completed the poll by mistake!

Other than that an easy to use survey with plenty of food for thought!

thanks

mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

As it's just past half way through the wish list voting period and there's less than two weeks to go, I wonder if we can have an update on how well patronised it's been?

HI Ian,

So far there have been 1364 completed votes in the OO section and 226 in the N poll. This seems to be a bit above the previous levels and is down to the hard work of Brian and the Poll Team in publicising the poll across all media.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy

As the Easter break is coming up - and many of you will no doubt be away all next week - can I remind everyone that polling closes on Sunday 15 April? If you're going on holiday, please vote before you go.

Many thanks

Brian Macdermott (on behalf of The Poll Team)

• 2 weeks later...

I shall not be voting as I model P4 and not OO and therfore unlikely to buy any models unless they are released as body only. In addition as I only model up to 1939 it is unlikely that they will produce models of interest.

Paul,

With the recent releases RTR of various pre BR (even pre war models surely a vote for something of interest on your part would help the cause of other modellers. PLUS you have no chance of buying a body only model if you don't vote.

No RTR rolling stock that you want ?

The changes made to this years poll (ie not Gauge specific 00/EM/P4) has certainlyimproved the possibilities.

If you don't vote -you don't get!

• RMweb Gold

Hello Derek

Exactly right!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Roy Jackson (of 'Retford' fame) write an article about a Bachmann O4 that he had converted - and how he commented on how little work it needed? I know he models in EM, but....

Paul could indeed do well to vote - but get in quick!

Brian (on behalf of The Poll Team)

Archived