Dapol 2012 Catalogue

DapolDave

Tim H -

Almost perfect from my perspective with gentle amendment to running order;

All in N (There are plenty of other manufacturers doing 00, and just you and Bachmann in N!) Spot on Tim, couldn't agree more.

Class 119 or 120 Cross-Country DMU - [you've the chassis from the 121 and time to have some cross country first gen action - after all farish only have the 57' chassis for the 101 so a 63' first gen 'Cross Country dmu would get me salivating].

D600 in N (If you do both original and split headcode condition, there are 5 different variants to match the five locos!) - but doesn't have the geographically widespread appeal of the above - I'd still have one though, since if its hydraulic, its good.

63' 3-car Suburban DMU (116 or 117)

Rebuilt Gresley buffet in blue/grey

Mark 2 a/b non air con coaches - [with the usual caveat that I would imagine the 'competitor' might do them sometime].

6 wheel milk tank in 1970's 'St Ivel' orange and white.

Good stuff Dave.

regards

Matt Wood

Mark 2 a/b non air con coaches - [with the usual caveat that I would imagine the 'competitor' might do them sometime].

Which was why I didn't mention them!

6 wheel milk tank in 1970's 'St Ivel' orange and white.

One I'd forgotten, and an easy one at that!

• RMweb Gold

Hi I think all mentioned are valid so Dave has lots of choice, to add my 5 pence worth

Class 33 and 50, Mks2 , 120 dmu/ Swindon intercity, Castle all good stuff. GWR streamliner railcar D600, D6300 also get vote

In OO the steam shunter plans look good.

O gauge western based diesels look the way to go. 121 diesel railcar

Off the wall re Welsh steam how about 009 ready to run Fairlies or WHR Garretts? and stock.-close to hand for measuring as well Or Gauge one 10mm 122/ GWR railcar / railmotor would float my boat!

I guess the Pendo and APT projects just need superfunding.

What chance a full index of all items produced.! And as noted thanks Dave for chance to wishlist all the best in 2012 and the years to come.

Robert

An N gauge ex-GC J11 0-6-0 would be very welcome, as would an 04. Given your excellent Gresley coaches a Director wouldn't be out of place either.

Best wishes,

Alastair

Union Mills already do a J11 and Director RTR in N.

Cheers

Roy

• RMweb Premium

I'd like Dapol to bring out a 33 as I may be tempted back into N that way.

In OO, a boxed set of three LSWR non-corridor cross-country carriages, of the 56' design like Bluebell's 1520 (BTL+CL+BTL) would go down well, too with me.

Guest Belgian

Not exactly my scene or area of expertise but a nice little Peckett (where the choice is admittedly vast!) would be best in my view as there is a degree of flexibility there - perhaps go for an inside cylinder loco and look for one very closely related to one of the outside cylinder versions so doing either or both might be feasible? Personally I would prefer to see an 0-4-0 as that is a lot more useful for smaller factory etc railways but would still be ok for a larger place such as a colliery. http://www.google.co...iw=1258&bih=986

I second that (and Andy's initial request for an industrial).

A small standard Peckett, Hunslett or Avonside or whatever industrial 0-4-0ST is appropriate for almost any part of the country, lasted well into the early blue diesel era and sported an endless variety of liveries: I'm just surprised no-one has yet produced such a machine! Since most model railway industrial sites are fictional a generic (by that I mean one of the most-prolific types - it needs to be an accurate model of a prototype) industrial tank would surely sell by the bucket-load . . .

JE

• RMweb Gold

Not exactly my scene or area of expertise but a nice little Peckett (where the choice is admittedly vast!) would be best in my view as there is a degree of flexibility there - perhaps go for an inside cylinder loco and look for one very closely related to one of the outside cylinder versions so doing either or both might be feasible? Personally I would prefer to see an 0-4-0 as that is a lot more useful for smaller factory etc railways but would still be ok for a larger place such as a colliery. http://www.google.co...iw=1258&bih=986

Lovely selection of Peckett examples on that Google page, Mike. I would recommend one of the smaller (ie. cuter) 0-4-0ST Peckett types, which almost invariably had outside cylinders. For me, 'Kilmersdon' (ex-Radstock and now at Washford S&D Trust) is a perfect example of that (not suggesting go as small as a 'Yorktown' class, however). Some of the inside cylindered Pecketts tended to be 0-6-0s, such as 'Lord Salisbury', although that was quite an early example from around the turn of the century (?1906-ish?).

My vote is a Peckett 0-4-0T. The Powlesland and Mason versions on the Swansea docks that were absorbed into the GWR are my particular favourite, not to mention preserved versions like the charming Kilmersdon, owned by the S&DRT or this lovely example.

Really any small industrial locomotive would feel like a coup. Kitson, Barlcay, Avonside, Manning-Wardle, Hudswell Clarke, Hunslet etc all made interesting and attractive prototypes. (Something that appeared somewhere in middle chrome green and copper trim is a slam dunk for me, but not a requirement.) I think the best opening for industrials is a 0-4-0T, mostly from what I'll call a "quaint" factor. The Avonside locomotives used by Cadbury in Bournville have a particular appeal, though I suspect might be tricky to license.

Well, there you are, Dave - Dapol now has the chance to 'break the mould' and be the first to produce a truely industrial R-T-R model in 4mm scale. The 'Pug' proves that it can be done and is in itself a nice model albeit a main line company prototype, and the more recent Model Rail Sentinel is a bit closer to the true industrial type, but still with a strong main line company connection.

How about it, then?! ;) :)

Guest Belgian

Having spouted about what I think would be commercial, I'd like to add my own personal favourite, which I think is shared by a good number of Southern modellers.

An LSWR 700 Goods.

JE

Which was why I didn't mention them!

One I'd forgotten, and an easy one at that!

With the Mark 2a/b's etc I was working on the principle that if its mentioned enough sometime, someone at Farish will sit up and take notice and put the shrinking machine over those lovely 00 Mark 2's......

And the St Ivel livery would look attractive on the Dapol 6 wheel milk tank.

regards

Matt Wood (Edited by me to try and make it make more sense - its been a long day but this threads doing me a power of good) !

• RMweb Premium

A class 120 in N please (not a 119 or any of those other esoteric classes, just a widespread, distictive-looking and long-lived 120).

I like coachmann's suggestion of a Lanky 0-6-0 and would point out that the round-top saturated version is by far the prettiest and preserved to boot

I do feel that a OO RHTT pack is screaming out to be done. It would only involve a minor alteration to the tooling of the FEA wagons (and of course new tooling for the watertanks, sandite and waterjet modules). Dapol do seem to be the right manafacturer to make such a wagon pack.

Also, developing along from Dapol other excellent intermodal wagons, there is certainly a market for more types. My two suggestions would be the FSA/FTA Freightliner intermodal flats. can be in both N and OO scale and correct me if i am wrong, have been intotal of 3 different liveries? My other intermodal suggestion would be the EWS flats....not sure of the coding, but they look similar to FEAs.

I'm a big fan of Union Mills, but Dapol models of the above would feature finer detailing and painting without having to made any modifications.

I'd like to add an LNER B12, V1, Sentinel steam railcar (Diagram 88 onwards), D49, J72 (if a Terrier can be done then so can one of these) N2 & J50.

That's fair enough, but given the UM models exist I am doubting Dapol would take the risk (but who knows).

My personal preference for N Steam outline would be for a K3. Given Bachmann do one in 00 that may be too risky for Dapol though, so yes a D49 Shire or Hunt would be great.

I do however think that if there is a "gap" currently it is the complete lack of any LNER tank locos RTR in N. The only one even loosely fitting this in current production is the rather long in the tooth Farish Austerity as far as I can recall.

I have previously put an N2 on my wish list, as these were long lived and especially in later years could be found in lots of different parts of the former LNER empire. A simple loco in terms of chassis with adequate room in the tanks/cab area for a good motor/gearbox combination traction weight and possibly a DCC socket. I also like the idea of a J50.

Roy

Being pragmatic and thinking about costs, is there any steam industrial tank locomotive there share the same wheelbase as then senitial shunter so the chassis can be used. This steam industrial locomotive would be in N, OO and O gauge.

N gauge

4VEP or 4 CIG EMU

Push pull sets for MR,SR and ER

LNER G5 using the M7 chassis modified to fit.

SECR H Class

SECR O1 Class

Class 76 and 77

OO gauge

SECR Birdcage coaches

0-4-0 or 0-6-0 Sentinal/ Rolls royce shunter

Warflats and Warwells original and refurbished

50ft Inspection Saloon

Push pull sets

Class 73 cad already exist

Industrial Steam Locomotive

Private Owner wagons from the 0 gauge range

LNER G5

SECR H

SECR O1

0-4-0 or 0-6-0 Rolls Royce/ sentinal shunter

O gauge

LMS/CR Pug

Steam Industrial shunter

Rolls Royce 0-4-0 or 0-6-0 shunter

OAA,OBA,OCA, VAA,VBA,VDA, SPA, HAA wagons

20ton brake van not available in kit form

12ton Standard VAN

Me personally a oo gauge LNER J36 with and without tender cab would be great for me and those north of the border.

Fell... (before it got charred) :declare:

You're not thinking far enough out of the box! If you're going to be silly enough to with for the Fell, you don't want to go half-measures. What about Fell, with a great big DCC-controlled smoke unit to simulate it going up in smoke!

Archived