DCC Fitting Guides - Requests

Trains4U

• RMweb Gold

Is it possible to do a guide on fitting a Digitrails DCC lighting system to a Pullman of the recent but unlit category? (Obviously includes fitting pickups and fitting the decoder. Would make the pullmans one up by being able to turn the lighting on and off! NOT including table lamps!

Regards

Basil Stephens

Digitrails DCC lighting system

I'm afraid I've never heard of Digirails Lighting kits.

But if you have a carriage, and a lighting kit to send to me, I'll give it a bash. (Subject to a reasonable fitting fee)

• RMweb Gold

I'm afraid I've never heard of Digirails Lighting kits.

But if you have a carriage, and a lighting kit to send to me, I'll give it a bash. (Subject to a reasonable fitting fee)

I'll be in touch over the phone.

Regards

Basil

Sure, I've got some more to do so I'll phot one

It takes about 10 minutes, but you need a 20x40 speaker to go inside.

Hopefully the howes chip will have this, all of our 150 sound chips have these as standard.

• 3 months later...

I don't have any 220's but looking on the exploded diagram on Bachy website http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/pdfs/32-600.pdf it looks like the wires from the track are fed into a PCB on top of the motor. There will also be a pair of wires from this to the motor.

If this PCB is similar to other Bachmann ones then if you find the wires for the right & left rails removed from PCB and then connect to the red & black on the chip. The motor then needs feeding from the orange & grey wires on the chip. Often best to remove PCB.

More complex if there is any wiring for lights.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Gareth

Have you ever chipped a Hornby Pug? I know room is at a premium to say the least, I would like to have a go but wondered if anyone had already done it and if so were there any particular problems other than space.

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi. I have the same problem............after speaking to a local retailer, he tells me the early [Bachmann] class 28xx 's are prone to this fault, the reason being all the gearing in the tender drive is made from cheap ansd nasty plastic [typical chink rubbish] so mine, like yours will need a visit to your local 'repairs depot'. Im doubly annoyed because my loco was bought for me by an ex g/f, so it has sentimental value, and the fact I doubt it ran more than 7 hours in use and was stored for at least 6 years !

Hi Gareth

Any advice on removing the tender top from the chassis on a Hornby 28xx? Or should I be posting this in the help section?

Once I have done this I can think about chipping it.....right now the engine buzzes but the wheels dont turn and I cant get inside to see what the problem may be.

Regards from Vancouver

• 8 months later...

The Bachmann N 2-6-0 does NOT have a split chassis !

Ian

Is that true for all releases of it? I was sure for some reason it had one, must be my infernal memory again (that and the item is 10 miles away).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...