C-Rail Irish Modelling proposal

charliepetty

Charlie, you would probably sell a lot more containers in the Irish market if you were to produce either RTR or kit Irish container flats to go with the containers. Irish containers flats were produced in 42'9''(40' containers) , 47'6'' (45' containers) and 62' variants with a fairly common design between all variants ; pretty much the only difference being the length.

However, I would imagine that your Irish container project will be a success.

Im sure this livery will be successful. What i am more interested in is the mention of 40ft standard containers....Are these planned for 2012, if so ill throw out my Dapol ones. Any UK liveries to tease us with? (crosses fingers for NYK Logistics)

I like the Bell container, used to see loads of them upto about 5 years ago, some with the black/white bits and 'BELL' painted out in pink and blue. I have a feeling they may have become Geest although i'm not certain.

I have amassed quite a few pictures out of magazines over the years, but most of them are on moving trains.

I have painted a couple of containers in 'BELL' but with limited success, so I would buy some, although never seen a 20' one in real life (I don't think)

40ft 8'6 =C=Rail= containers would be superb! I shall have to make sure i buy extra 20ft for the 40ft to be a certain. Must confess part from having more NYK, having 20ft, 40ft and 40ft hicube containers in the correct MSC colour would be an excellent range to own from you.

HI ALL

So is the roof white !!!!!

The roof looks to have side viewing of the numbers as well that are larger.

This all helps me get this correct, but with different colours and spraying masks required this will be more expensive to produce

Regards Arran

Guest CPRAIL3000

Please consider producing a 42 or 47 foot flat to go with these, I would say once you see how well the containers sell it would give an indication of how well the wagons would sell and also by producing the wagons you could very easily corner the Irish RTR wagon market.

What colour us the roof please? Charlie

So is the roof white !!!!! Arran

Arran / Charlie

I would agree that the roofs of these containers seemed to be white. I have just finished watching Railfreight Today: Ireland from the early 1990s and there were several high level shots that showed what appear to be plain white roofs on 40 foot Bell containers. Unfortunately, the resolution of the video is not high enough to tell whether there were any numbers on each container.

Regards

David

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That second container definitely looks like a grey roof, but do you think it could just be an accumulation of grime?

The sides are very dirty/faded, so it might just be muck.

PS I'd be in the market for a few of these containers - if they're sitting on the correct wagon.

That second container definitely looks like a grey roof, but do you think it could just be an accumulation of grime?

The sides are very dirty/faded, so it might just be muck.

PS I'd be in the market for a few of these containers - if they're sitting on the correct wagon.

You will be getting the containers, 20ft one first. Sorry cannot help with the Wagon / Wagons!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI All

The Bell containers are finished and left the factory today, so they should be with me late next week.

Also in the shipment are CAI 20ft and MAERSK SEALAND 40ft hc.

The website will be updated next week., or of DC Kits at the Blackburn show.

Regards Arran

www.c-rail-intermodal.co.uk

Dingaling! The BELL's have arrived. Blackburn, Woking, Manchester, Barrow shows are coming up so get you reservations in as I don't think these will last long.

HI All

A litte update since people are asking the BELL are here but the websites not been updated yet so if you ant some email me throught the C Rail site.

Also here are the MEARSK SEALAND 40ft HC and the CAI 20ft.

Regards Arran

HI All

A litte update since people are asking the BELL are here but the websites not been updated yet so if you ant some email me throught the C Rail site.

Also here are the MEARSK SEALAND 40ft HC and the CAI 20ft.

Regards Arran

All very nice and flying out! Don't miss them.

• 2 weeks later...

All very nice and flying out! Don't miss them.

Because they are selling so fast, we have put away 120 BELL's for the Dublin Show & 120 BELL's for the Warley NEC show. As to be fair to everyone we need them on show in Ireland and buyable!! Same applies to Warley too! So unless you are going to those shows we are probably going to run out of the Online ones in the very near future.

The 40ft Box, Arran confirms is nearing completion and is nearly ready for samples. Watch this space.

• 3 months later...

Any news on the 40' lads?

Yes.  They are being done as we speak, then they will be on there way by boat, I estimate 6/7 weeks.

I cocked up last week as I told a guy from Dublin they were here!   When I opened all the boxes all I found was 20ft ones.   More water in my drink!!!!!!  I blame old age.

Archived