Class 325 Royal Mail unit in EM

I have hit a block today with my ordering of buffers.

No one seems to have any stock of metal sprung Oleos! What is a boy to do?

I am as yet unable to see a clear picture of the buffer stock of a 325 but for ones I have looked at its nope were out of stock...with no nod as to when they may become a stock item once more.

Still plenty more to get on with..

Ian

Ian,

Regarding the roof pods, look closely at some photos before fitting, as they appear to be mounted at a slight angle (to avoid the roof ridges). Difficult to explain in words, but you'll see what I mean!

Cheers,

Will

I got on that one with 142's a while ago Will,

Easiest way look to the ribs and then position them from there, they are as you say ever so slighty "off centre" The ribs even if out will provide the information to fool the eye.

http://www.therailwaycentre.com/NewSite%20POD%202008/POD01-12-08.jpg is clear what Will means.

Ian

Edited by Ian Fisher
  • Like 1

Hi Pete,

If only it was so simple!

Over half has been acquired by Our Grandson hes four at the end of the month!

Tamworth Asda had an offer on £8 for the box with base and £22 for the brick collection.

Im thinking if I can get more red bricks maybe a lego 3235 might be easier??

I took the red mention by Mike as being *iverpool, him knowing I prefer BR Blue and Royal Blue!

Ian

Plasticard works just as well to make a mould box Ian and it's alot cheaper what did the Lego cost you £30?

Pete

Edited by Ian Fisher

NRM pods with the 4mm x .5 strip added as a backing then with loads of bits all over em, but they dont look that rough in the flesh the almost complete job!

Just need some mark three rooves to glue em too..

Ian

post-7587-0-83994700-1326669755.jpg

post-7587-0-50039700-1326669767.jpg

Edited by Ian Fisher

Email opened late last night from Bratchell Models 3 x 319's posted First class Saturday just down to the Royal Mail now o_O

Despite our postie making four trips up and down the street this AM and parcel force visited at least three times no plastic here yet!! :( (Monday)

Ian

Edited by Ian Fisher

Kits had an attempted delivery today but due to the simple fact of me being in work and my partner being on grandparent duties, it will be Thursday now before we can get em at the earliest!!

Will be first in the que Thursday when they open for sure.

Last night got me thinking of effective coupling systems and electircal connections and making the best use of them over the unit length. I plan to use the live axle on every other bogie so not every axle will be live but four out of every eight will pick up which I hope would do a good job for me.

I like the look of the Hornby Pendolino inner couplings and wonder if its worth another spares raid via ebay to "have a look"

Ian

little trial with a spare shell,

I did a balst with some emery to remove the framing on the glazing.

Whilst this is now below the bodyshell the actual window pain sits ever so slightly lower, so unitl I can have a go with some very fine abrassive to take the black beading down on the bodyshell it looks like this route may require a tad more filling and finnishing then the Bachhy 150 route!

Not impossible though

post-7587-0-08917100-1326851190_thumb.jpg

post-7587-0-19669800-1326851326_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ian Fisher

Last night I got some of my wheel stash out and I think I will go with these SteamEra Black Beetle nickel silver 12mm on resused Bachmann gears and axles for the powered cars.

One wheel has a MJT disc brake etch added just dropped in and I think it look OK.

I like the profile and general look of these wheels, they seem a well made product which cant be a bad thing!

Ian

post-7587-0-86811400-1326968432.jpg

Edited by Ian Fisher

Although I dont need these for my 325 they will of course proove invaluable for getting the join and sizes right with my carvings that have been underway a few days now.

Not having them to hand to really check, I have to say I think what I had done without these and working from the end of the 321 its looking favourable so far!

Ian

post-7587-0-50944400-1326969465.jpg

Edited by Ian Fisher

Although I dont need these for my 325 they will of course proove invaluable for getting the join and sizes right with my carvings that have been underway a few days now.

Not having them to hand to really check, I have to say I think what I had done without these and working from the end of the 321 its looking favourable so far!

Ian

Ian all is looking very good so far. But you've got a 319 cab, not a 321.

Tom

Yep Tom your right, the pic is a 319 and the base model is a 319. I have been working off a completed and assembled 321to date! Sorry for the confusion.

What I maybe had not made clear was my use of the 321/322 to get an iea of the sides im just off to do a tracing of the 319 outline and compare it with me Networker/plastic strip and filler 325 combo...

Ian

Edited by Ian Fisher