An engine shed for a GWR branch-line

Chubber

Hi I am not Doug :no: but what I have done in a similar situation in the past is to make up a temporary floor and interior sleeve that I push up inside the exterior walls to provide support while modelling the rest of the building.

He's not just a pretty face, is he? I did virtually as described above by Andy, the false floor fitted into a rebate in the bottom edge of the walls, mainly because the floor incorporated the inspection pit, not an ideal base to rest on; as the building was going to be handled a lot it needed something to preserve the rectangular integrity. I marked and cut out two 'floors' at the same time from 2mm card, one became the pit floor and one the 'temporary' floor.

I greatly admire your build!

Doug

Cheers Doug for 'backing up' Andy's advice... and thanks for the kind words too. I don't know why, but I keep thinking I'm going to b****er it all up when I start the painting... but that's an age away yet, and plenty of time to experiment!

• 11 months later...

Hi I am not Doug :no: but what I have done in a similar situation in the past is to make up a temporary floor and interior sleeve that I push up inside the exterior walls to provide support while modelling the rest of the building.

What a bloomin' brilliant idea! I only came here via Gravy Train' shed scenes thread and found this - I'm making a goods shed at the moment and was pondering a base, having the same issues as BRrealistic! excellent!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived