Liverpool MRS (NEW VENUE) Waterloo, 28th 29th April

Michael Delamar

Well, I went and it was fine. I know that the church isn't the warmest - I live very close and I've been there for a few other events before now, and it's never much different to that - but I think it's a really nice venue for an event of that sort of size. Liked Coppell very much, and Oldham King Street and Burnham-on-Sea. I went to the old exhibition at Archbishop Blanch a couple of times, but this was easily the best, both in terms of the venue and the overall quality of the exhibits; and that's before mentioning the bar.

Mike - I was going to introduce myself, but you were distracted at the key moment: I was the guy in the grey fleece who helped support Steiglitz when you had the... incident towards the end of Saturday afternoon.

Had a smashing afternoon at the exhibition, loads to see, ideas to borrow :nono:

Didn't spend much, £7 on a helping hand magnifying glass with pincers to hold stuff whilst you solder or cut or whatever, going to need it when i start to build the scenery.

Well done to the organisers and the model rail clubs and exhibitors ,excellent show and a great venue, Its been a long time since i was in a Church on a Sunday :angel:

I went to the show this morning and found it enjoyable (if cold!), here's some pics of the layouts.

post-6748-0-43395300-1335723957.jpg

post-6748-0-04925800-1335723984.jpg

Glazebrook, N gauge.

post-6748-0-66873600-1335724096.jpg

Franklin, 2' gauge in 1:48

post-6748-0-09185100-1335724199.jpg

Burnham on Sea, N gauge

post-6748-0-10613800-1335724309.jpg

post-6748-0-15034800-1335724612.jpg

post-6748-0-55197500-1335724640.jpg

post-6748-0-03749900-1335724683.jpg

Tan-yr-Allt and Dwffr Uchaf, 009 gauge

post-6748-0-58829000-1335724766.jpg

Ludlow, N gauge

post-6748-0-43693200-1335724846.jpg

Tetfield-under-Bolt, N gauge

post-6748-0-11458200-1335724935.jpg

Colinton, S4

post-6748-0-85859700-1335725038.jpg

Oldham King St parcels, 0 gauge

post-6748-0-05425300-1335725136.jpg

Untermutten,H0m

post-6748-0-99910300-1335725229.jpg

post-6748-0-43042100-1335725298.jpg

Coppell, 00 gauge

post-6748-0-01781900-1335725618.jpg

Black Rock Buffalo, HO gauge

post-6748-0-85330100-1335725689.jpg

Enstone Halt, EM gauge

Mike - I was going to introduce myself, but you were distracted at the key moment: I was the guy in the grey fleece who helped support Steiglitz when you had the... incident towards the end of Saturday afternoon.

haha

cheers Jim.

for those who dont know, the small Z gauge layout next to us had trestles tied together with some fine electrical wire!!!!

I knocked the trestle, the wire snapped and layout plummeted to earth, managed to catch it with Jim, layout is one of the younger members of our club who how can we say, could do with engineering and designing said layout a little better, anyway..... ;)

regards the show, it was a shame it was so cold, the weather didnt help, although the weather probably did help attendance which was well up, the overhead heaters helped a lot on the Sunday too.

Layout of show went to Coppell, highly deserved I thorougly enjoyed watching it, although it was a tough choice between all the others.

hope all the exhibitors, traders and public had a good time and hope to see you next year.

The Colinton Crew thought it was a grand show and many thanks to the LMRS for looking after us.

What impressed me was the number of families who came in and had a great time. A lot of other shows shows would do well to be so successful in that area.

Well done to the Coppell lads too. They had some fantastic looking stock on the layout. I didn't get much time to see the front, but the view of the fiddleyard was great :)

Thanks to all the LMRC club members for a great, if eventful, weekend! Coppell is now safely back in the clubrooms, with only one item of ''demic'' stock to fix. The 310 unit, which for some reason would not work with the body on, but ran fine with it off!. The ''best in show'' was a very nice suprise! kev.

• RMweb Gold

We had a good time as always at the Scousepool show, but my God was it cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have drunk more of that lovely ale from the Ship and Mitre, but the permanent queue for the only two loo's in the place kinda put me off taking in a lot of liquid! :-(

Attendence did seem to be well up, with a lot of families there. A very appreciative crowd too I might add.

It was good to see Dapol Dave incognito as a punter. It was hard to recognise him though without the oh so attractive Dapol purple shirt. ;-)

In fact, it looked like a "Scott of the Antartic" fancy dress party in there.

next year there will be more!!!

first of all, more toilets and more heat!

when I visited the venue for a beer festival a few months back a portable toilet block was brought in and so the same will be done for our show next year and funnily enough it didnt seem as cold back then, however we have to learn from this year.

arrangement is being made with the church over heating, hopefully we wont have such a cold april next year, Chris Hewitt, John Sneyd and Nigel from DC kits all slept in the church over 2 nights for security reasons so if anyone was cold they were,however they guarded the real ale bar so probably didnt feel it.

layouts to attend next year... I dont know the full line up but some I do and should be familar to rmweb.

Widnes vine yard. OO

New hey. EM

Barrow clubs large Swiss layout (sorry name escapse me) HO

Stockport tiviot dale 2mm finescale.

Dolgelly 00

we had a very successful show this year and hope next year is too.

• 1 year later...

haha

cheers Jim.

for those who dont know, the small Z gauge layout next to us had trestles tied together with some fine electrical wire!!!!

I knocked the trestle, the wire snapped and layout plummeted to earth, managed to catch it with Jim, layout is one of the younger members of our club who how can we say, could do with engineering and designing said layout a little better, anyway..... ;)

regards the show, it was a shame it was so cold, the weather didnt help, although the weather probably did help attendance which was well up, the overhead heaters helped a lot on the Sunday too.

Layout of show went to Coppell, highly deserved I thorougly enjoyed watching it, although it was a tough choice between all the others.

hope all the exhibitors, traders and public had a good time and hope to see you next year.

Ha ha ha the Steiglitz incident well thats a  way of putting it! One of the remarks concerning the above wiring together of the legs needing soldering made me smile.  Needless to say the owner now has new boards constructed by someone who knows what he's doing.  This is what comes of not teaching woodwork and other practical subjects in schools but thats another discussion.

Archived