Smithdown Road Junction

shanks522

Welcome to Smithdown Road Junction, A busy section of the WCML roughly around the Wembley area. The layout is built using code 80 track on a plywood baseboard, It has two levels and can run three trains simultaneously, has an 8 road fiddle yard and reverse loops so trains can run pretty much anywhere on the layout without stopping. This is the second incarnation of the layout, The first being slightly smaller and differing in trackplan. It has been on RM web for a few years in blog form but i would now prefer it in Layout topics. I will keep the blog but use it for workbench updates like kits etc.

Thanks for reading

Graham.

post-6774-0-73449600-1328129574_thumb.jpg
post-6774-0-36915900-1328129815_thumb.jpg
post-6774-0-59815600-1328129825.jpg
post-6774-0-98080700-1328130046_thumb.jpg
post-6774-0-77364800-1328130264_thumb.jpg

Very pleased to see this in thread form! It can now takes it's place as one of my favourate N gauge setups in the Layouts forum. In fact, you may claim 1st place on my list!

I'm rather keen to get a "complex" mainline layout of my own set up, but this shows you don't need 15' to get the job done in N! (as if I'll ever learn that lesson though)

Really love the twin 66's on snowplough duties :D

Keep the pictures rolling!

Lee :D

Thank you all for your positive comments.

looks like a fantastic layout ,what no 86/7's ? :jester: :jester:

There are a few 86's and 87's James, will post some pictures later.

Wow love it - do you exhibit it?

I haven't as yet Simon (it's not finished) but wouldn't say no to an invitation.

I will post some more pictures later on this evening.

Thanks for reading

Graham.

Hi Graham

This Layout is absolutely FAB...

Do you have a track plan... size...etc

Great Modern image... Love It

How many different classes of diesels do you have, Do Run Sound....

What Hand set do you use... Controler....

Keep the photos coming, the layout looks excellent...

Jamie

Hi Jamie, There is a track plan in the blog, i'l see if i still have it and post it on here, Size of the layout is 2' 6'' wide by 7' 4'' long. Loco wise theres 08's, 31's, 37's, 47's, 57's, 58's, 60's, 66's, 67's, 73's, 86's, 87's, 90's HST's and voyagers. I don't run the layout on DCC so no sound, it is run on standard Gaugemaster controllers.

Cheers

Graham.

I enjoyed following the first version of your layout and am glad to see its return in 'new and improved' form :)

The following picture struck me in particular: I don't think I've seen an arrangement of viaducts criss-crossing in the middle like that before - it's quite ingenious and adds a whole new and unexpected dimension to how a layout can be, well, layed out I suppose.

post-6774-0-58004100-1328133316_thumb.jpg

That 47 shot is amazing!!

Don't see them around here but I wish I did after seeing your loco! Really hard to pin a scale on the model :D

Do see a lot of the 87's mind, though never that clean!

Regards

Lee :D

Cheers Lee, The 47 is one of my favourites and the 86 will be suitably weathered to match, It was a christmas present hence its still clean.

Thank you southernboy, Inspiration for the layout came from looking at places like, Stratford,Wembley,Willesden etc on google maps, I find it quite usefull to look at ariel photos for track formations within urban areas.

Cheers

Graham.

Archived