Bachmann Class 40 32-475DC and 32-480DS

GaryHN

Have a look at the Bachmann website under products, diesels. I seem to think it is listed there as being expected early next year. Also instead of just two there will be three Forties being produced.

Only time will tell, myself I am waiting for D211

February/March time is the latest estimated date, don't forget they have a fair few other models to produce with limited capactiy - it is always likely things will slip. 6 months is still less time then if you got a kit builder to make one for you (and will probably cost you more). The plus side is more time to save up for them.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just checked Bachmann website and it's not on the 60 day forecast. Seriously thinking about cancelling my advance order.

As I said earlier my preorder prices for my 2 40s are £62 and £68 respectively. The current price at Hattons is £88, if you cancel your preorders then will will be paying substantially more if the model is a blinder which I suspect it will based on recent Bachmann rectified models.

Neil

As I said earlier my preorder prices for my 2 40s are £62 and £68 respectively. The current price at Hattons is £88, if you cancel your preorders then will will be paying substantially more if the model is a blinder which I suspect it will based on recent Bachmann rectified models.

Neil

Yes I know - but if your pre-orders, like mine, are from a well known Sheffield retailer then the small print says that pre-order price will be held for only 12 months from date of order and November is when my 12 months is up.

You might want to check ?

The third loco added - GSYP D369 - is a gift to us Waverley route types, it's one of 64B's finest, and not only that it's the entry level loco, DCC ready, no sound. In principle I'll be into that serial number for serious quantities. Heaven knows it will redress the balance of all these steam locos I've been harvesting lately :nono:

I realise we are yet to see how Barwell and China have rendered these second time around, but if it lives up to the hype, I sincerely hope the ScR headcode version (D260-66) is a viable prospect too. I'll be after all 7. Failing that, it's recreation of the surgery in model form.

• Like 1

Just checked Bachmann website and it's not on the 60 day forecast. Seriously thinking about cancelling my advance order.

Nah I wouldn't do that.

I pre-ordered mine at £62 +P&P so if I still get it at that price I won't mind waiting another 6 months...

Bachmann don't seem to be in any hurry anway.

Tony

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

sorry if ive missed this but are the 2 new green releases plain green ends or syp?

To quote the CFPS website http://www.cfps.co.uk/class40story.htm the last batch of locos were delivered with a yellow warning panel. I assume this includes D369 but can't be certain, but here's a photo from 1964 with the yellow panel http://www.flickr.com/photos/tcs-pics/6168405753/.

The disc version is shown with plain green noses.

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 1

heres a nice shot of D211 Mauretania with yellow warning panel in 1966.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidwf2009/5565205666/

im guessing they will be doing this without syp however, this is the sound fitted one and I wonder how well that will sound.

I may have to wait until they do the types im after in green. split and early with syp.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Referring back to D369, this was not one of the original batch of class 40's that went to Haymarket;

they were D260-266, and D357-D368.

According to my 1965 shedbook D369 was then at Camden (1B).

Hope that this helps

That confirms my memory too - remember seeing D369 at Bescot and Stourbridge Junction in 68/69

Phil

which is another point, will it have all the pipework?

quoting myself,but just noticed on Andy Y's shots of the pre production models it does appear to have all the pipework on the bufferbeam, although there should be a white pipe that runs along the top sides of the bogie.

post-27-0-34015700-1358380973_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-29705700-1358380994_thumb.jpg

photos Andy Y

This is my own observations of the class 40's, according to my Ian Allan winter 1961 I have got D369 been allocated to 5A Crewe North it must have been fairly new as I have pencilled it in my Winter 61 Loco shed Book. This also means it should be all over green with no yellow (thank goodness). In my spring 62 book I have most locos as allocated to sheds therefore I suspect nearly all would have been in green with no yellow warning. I have photos of a few class 40's up to D354 ( 50A York) & they definatly had no yellow panels with the highest cop been D389 I'm sure it didn't have any yellow ends . D211 in my spring 62 Shed book is allocated to 1B Camden. Great period this as you never knew what you were going to see on a day out spotting. Imagine copping three or four new Deltics half a dozen class 40's and three or four class 45's. this was the norm at York in 1961/62.

Ian H 

• Like 1

I would suggest that the GSYP was introduced sometime between these 2 locos

I can't give a date but the condition of the locos indicates they are not long after delivery.

D372 Crewe

post-1161-0-82458400-1358540869.jpg

D380 Crewe

post-1161-0-32652100-1358540667.jpg

I think that the 'odd-ball' SYP on D378 in Mike's post (#68) above was a very early depot job ?

Perhaps someone has the exact date of introduction of the locos but I can't find any information and my records vanished long ago.

Edited by DerekEm8
  • Like 1