Standard gauge industrial modelling

• 4 weeks later...

I'm working on an industrial micro in N at the moment, despite that I have no rolling stock or locos left after moving over to US N scale last year.

I suppose it's more of a diorama than a micro, but I'm hoping to get a small loco or two to display on it - an 04 or an Austerity or something similar.

Either way, I'll post photos as soon as there's something worth showing. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry I cannot post pics at the mo guys (using my phone and having melted my laptop at my other job, dont ask!) I'm currently on my Bestwood layouts 5th incarnation, hopefully this will get built! Its EM gauge, portable and aimed at being flexible in operation from a 12 foot (scenic) end to end, to a full loop of 40x20 feet with an almost full representation of the colliery and maybe exchange sidings and the running line at the back. Oh and its also pre grouping (just) set in 1922-23

Sean

My collection of O gauge locomotives are suitable for industrial prototypes. In fact, a long-term plan is to model an Australian Colliery Railway once I've stock-piled all the necessary odds and ends. Debatable whether or not this is strictly a "UK Prototype" but I argue the case as nearly all Australian Industrial railways were run using British-designed and built equipment.

0-4-0ST Manning Wardle H Class (Ixion)

0-6-0ST Hudswell Clarke (Ixion)

0-4-0ST Andrew Barclay (Tower Models)

0-4-0 Freelance Diesel (hacked up Atlas Plymouth)

And I will most definitely be purchasing the Minerva 0-4-0ST Peckett E class when it arrives later this year.

Two other long-term planned projects is an NSWGR X200 Rail Tractor and an 0-6-0 Side Tank Hudswell Clarke PWD No 28/29.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got started on my Industrial layout "No Place", a ficticious opencast disposal point built on the site of East Stanley Colliery (closed 1939), just South of Beamish and slightly SW of the hamlet of No Place.

I'll put some pics in this thread when I'm far enough on with it to have more than bare boards.

Les

Archived