Hornby Push Pull Set R4534

Jim104

Purely  as  a  matter  of  interest......... I recvd  a Pull-Push  set  a few  days  ago,    it  was  obviously  perfectly sealed  and  unopened  since  packed   in China.....

The  pack contained   2 x   driving  end  cars!!

I am  actually  not  too concerned by  this  I have spoken to  the  retailer,  just in case  he  gets a customer  complaint from  a customer  whose  purchase  lacks a driving end  car!! 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Graham

I presume that at sometime in the future we might see some of the Diagram 2403 1935/36 Brake Composites from Hornby - I seem to remember that they were the ones the Southern Region used to convert to pull-push sets. Given their skill at producing Maunsell coaches Hornby must do a 2-Bil sometime soon (hope upon hope).

Godfrey

Well, as we know the BIL happened ....... so is it time to resurrect thoughts of the Dia.2403 ( and other contemporary loco-hauled stock ) ?

so is it time to resurrect thoughts of the Dia.2403 ( and other contemporary loco-hauled stock ) ?

I can't tell you how many times I have been tempted to de-convert one of the brakes. It might be an expensive job creating a 3 car set of these - as you'd need four sets. I could find a use for 4 open 3rds likewise back converted, so I guess I ought to get my scalpel out... 

Has anyone done it yet?

I can't tell you how many times I have been tempted to de-convert one of the brakes. It might be an expensive job creating a 3 car set of these - as you'd need four sets. I could find a use for 4 open 3rds likewise back converted, so I guess I ought to get my scalpel out... 

Has anyone done it yet?

Go on - get the scalpel out .... and let us know when you're finished ........................... THEN Hornby's hoped-for announcement should follow swiftly !

• 1 year later...

Just to bring the thread up to date R4534D is set 619 and R4534E set 601

So to date that is,

Set - Existed - Section

600 Jan 1959-Dec 1963 Central (R3087 train pack)

601 Jan 1959-Dec 1963 Central (R4534E)

603 Dec 1959-Jan 1964 Central (R4534B)

608 Jan 1960-Jan 1964 SW (R4534C)

610 Jul 1960-Jan 1964 SW (R4534)

616 Aug 1960-Jan 1964 Central (R4534A)

619 Sep 1960-Apr 1963 Central (R4534D)

Edited by Butler Henderson
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

The Swanage Railway shop is now selling a new train pack. This is R3934 South Coast Special consisting of an M7 and two Maunsell coaches. It will be interesting to see what the running numbers are.  I like the Hornby train packs as they are easy to unpack when taking them to a club meeting.