Bath Queen Square

queensquare

• RMweb Gold

A couple of posts relating to work done a little while ago but only now snapped. First up is the next stage in building the 6 wheel brake vans. The card frames are glued to the body, there are two of each in the kit as they are delicate though law of sod says that if you have spares you won't need them! I found they line up perfectly but leave a slight gap at the corners which on the original build I filled with a sliver of microstrip and filed square after the first pass of primer. Hopefully the picture makes it all clear.

Guards lookout duckets next.

post-1074-0-16037700-1544550508_thumb.jpg

Jerry

Edited by queensquare
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Next is the other Bath box mentioned in the above post. I was inspired to dig it out as it hasn't been touched for a couple of years! It's a lot further on than I remember so may move up the pile of projects to be finished.

The main carcass is adapted Churchward etchings, the interior uses some very nice bits from Severn models.

post-1074-0-03013800-1544551148_thumb.jpg

post-1074-0-98529000-1544551252_thumb.jpg

Jerry

Edited by queensquare
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

A couple of posts relating to work done a little while ago but only now snapped. First up is the next stage in building the 6 wheel brake vans. The card frames are glued to the body, there are two of each in the kit as they are delicate though law of sod says that if you have spares you won't need them! I found they line up perfectly but leave a slight gap at the corners which on the original build I filled with a sliver of microstrip and filed square after the first pass of primer. Hopefully the picture makes it all clear.

Guards lookout duckets next.

attachicon.gif20181211_171403.jpg

Jerry

I may have used a earlier master as I'm sure I  increased the overlays to try and eliminate this  :dontknow:    apologies to all for any extra work

Nick

• RMweb Gold

I may have used a earlier master as I'm sure I  increased the overlays to try and eliminate this  :dontknow:    apologies to all for any extra work

Nick

Hi Nick, my ones are put together from the original ones you did so I suspect the ones I've sent out are fine. It is, in any case, a simple job to sharpen up the corners and a technique that is worth covering.

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

Some lovely work Jerry, especially the Severn Models interior parts, well worth the time building them.

Grahame

Thanks Grahame, the Severn etchings are very good. In addition to these bits there is also an armchair, table and incredibly delicate little stool. I have a very nice signalman from Modelu to go in the box when finished..

It's just occurred to me that at some point during 1924 whilst they were upgrading the boxes all three, Bath single line and both old and new Bath Junction boxes would have been present together.........mmmmmm!

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg Hi Jerry one of these kits

Yes sort of John, they are very good. I was given a load of substandard bits for these kits many years ago and all the Bath boxes, plus a few others have been built from them. They can be cut and shut to represent all varieties of Midland box. None of the roofs were usable so all mine are plastic.

The above box is probably the closest to how they are intended to be although it has been modified to give the smaller end windows.

Did you get m message regarding the Midland coaches?

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

It wasn't all about enjoying a beer this evening,I did get the last few bits soldered onto the signal box and got it mounted ready for spraying.

As an experiment I've put an led in the interior, if I like the effect I shall retro fit the other boxes - the roofs are all removable.

post-1074-0-29076000-1545262699_thumb.jpg

Jerry

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Particularly pleasing to geta craftsmanship/clever vote for managing to open a bottle of Bath ale:-))

Jerry

"It looks good, it tastes good, and by golly, it does you good. Ahh." *

Nig H

* From old Mackeson ad.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas to you both. It looks from the topless nature of the photo as if you opened that bottle of Bath Ale with a sharp carving knife - I have seen champagne opened that way before but never Bath (or any other) Ale!

Personally, I enjoy something a little stronger (12%) around Christmas ........

post-10038-0-63772100-1545302608_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Personally, I enjoy something a little stronger (12%) around Christmas ........

That's nothing.  The other night I had a dram out of the bottle of 'cask proof' (61.1%) Islay malt I have.

Jim

• Like 2

Which distillery Jim?

Not sure.  My cousin's husband gave her the cask for her 60th birthday (they stay on Islay and he is involved with some of the distilleries) and they had it bottled as 'Crofter's Cask'.  Crofter is their Border Collie.  I have to confess that I'm forced to put a little water in it!

Jim