needs somebody a real electric-Loco?

Aldwych

Hi,

you need a Electric Loco?

-> http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320459603896&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

a German Fun-Park sells a historic Loco from the Class 103 in restorated condition

but one Problem: the Interieur is lost, is only the Bodyshell

(little bit creative -> insert a Diesel from the Class 47 and paint the Loco Yellow -> HS 4000 Style!)

Greetings

Dennis

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

-> http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320459603896&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

a German Fun-Park sells a historic Loco from the Class 103 in restorated condition

(little bit creative -> insert a Diesel from the Class 47 and paint the Loco Yellow -> HS 4000 Style!)

Greetings

Dennis

Huh. In my day they were called E03s, so restored is a relative expression. This modern TOPS-esque stuff will never catch on. I do like the idea that the starting price is the loco number in euros!

?‚¬103,000 seems a bit steep for a non-working bodyshell. What's anyone supposed to do with it?

Paul

Take it away from there, at huge additional cost, find a place to put it at some other extra cost ( plus possibly a permit ) and you can let your imagination work from there.

My layout + FY would fit a tad better length and width wise as at home, but then again, I hardly have money to get that off the ground .............

Regards, Michel

Hi,

Greetings

Dennis

If they toss in free shipping, I'd bid on it. And I want it sent overnight express! ;D

• RMweb Premium

If they toss in free shipping, I'd bid on it. And I want it sent overnight express! ;D

Wonder what they would do if you shouldn't be at home when the delivery truck arrives. Don't think any local post office over here would be big enough to store a "parcel" like this! :lol:

But seriously - I'd rather have an operational 103 to go a-cruisin' with! B)

There's always the option of fitting BR186/189 technology inside to make it the only 4 system BR103 in the world: 1800V/3000V DC, 15kV-16.7Hz/25kV-50Hz. Include ETCS and the 'Schweiz-Pakket' and you'd be able to run it into Waterloo Int. as well wink.gif

Not unless you added 3rd rail 750V DC support to it... No wires going into Waterloo (that I'm aware of).

Archived