Leeds Models Railway Exhibition 2012

Barry O

• RMweb Premium

After last years' successful show we are busy closing out plans for this years show which will again be held in Association with the Association of Large Scale Railway Modellers (ALSRM)

This year it will be held on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th October at he Grammar School in Leeds.

More details soon BUT we will be having a special tribute to the 100th Anniversary of the Leeds Model Co (LMC) - more details on:

http://www.leedsstedmantrust.org

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Update

So far the following layouts are invited to attend:

Leeds MRS

Denroyd - LNWR in OO Nick Easton

The Quarry – Modern Image in OO Richard Timms

Milford 7mm LNER Renny Lord N & PRMS

Schwachhausen 7mm German John & Peter Smith

Franklin On2 Narrow Gauge Bob Harper

Kilbrandon S Irish 5’ 3†gauge layout Paul Greene

Dolores Sn3 American narrow gauge Geoff Holmes

Schull OOn12 Irish Narrow gauge Dr Alan Gee

Bannochbrae 4mm Scottish April 2012 RM Roger Nicholls

Calderwood 4mm L&Y David

Colyer Street 4mm Roger Epps

Grassington 4mm Kevin Jagger

Hubberholme 4mm EM LMS David Seymour

Manygates 4mm Steve Saxby

Trenance 4mm Nigel Mann Southampton

1863 Darryl Foxwell – American Civil War layout

Kirkham N John Shaw

O Gauge Tinplate Maurice Pilsworth with the Steadman Trust (LMC)

Leeds Model Co Centenary

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

And we are seeing final responses from our Trade support - for the first time we will have Squires Tools and Crafty Hobbies - a Dapol Gold/N Gauge trader, and our regular support including:

DC Kits and D& E Videos, Uncommon Kits - who will be carrying a range of Ian Kirk O Gauge Coach Kits as well as Slater's coach wheels and finishing items plus Parkside O gauge kits, Keiths' Models, Elmet Images, Millenium Models, Model Depot, Going Loco, Bill Hudson Books, Unit Models, M & B Models, ABC Models, D & M videos,K & M Models and M & B Models - some still to be confirmed

Hopefully these can provide you with all the bits you need from DVD and books for inspiration across all other aspects of the hobby.

• RMweb Premium

It's a shame there's only one N Gauge layout at what is normally a very good show.

The Yorkshire Area Group of the N Gauge Society should be able to help if you want more next year.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

(NGS YAG Chairman).

Steve

there may be only one but its a belter!

Our problem this year is space as we have a number of layouts verging on the large size and fitting them and the trade in has been difficult.

Thanks for the offer and I am sure our layouts booker will be in contact.

Barry

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Crafty will definitely be bringing a very good selection of N Gauge plus Dapol N and OO - including some of their special wagons - in this instance a Barnsley Colliery wagon ( owned by Furness Interests)

We should be able to provide, through our trade support all you need in railway modelling ( but I can't guarantee it!)

• RMweb Premium

Are any of the "4mm" scale layouts P4? (Other than the Hubberholme, which is labelled "4mm EM")

Ian

At least one - Calderwood - I will check the others at the Club on Wednesday evening and get more details

John Shaw has added some more video of his brilliant N gauge layout on facebook

When I work out how to get a link I will add it here - I think the link below will work

http://www.rmweb.co....am-abbey-c1964/

When you said "belter" you weren't kidding! Its' excellent; the rolling stock looks convincing, as does the track, and the topography of the landscape looks realistic too. It really shows what N scale is all about. If only there were more N' layouts of this quality. The high standard more than makes up for the lack of numbers (as far as N' is concerned) at the show.

Carl

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Carl,

the videos of opening and closing level crossing gates and working signals (pre Dapol) on John's facebook page are great.

Note that we have an additional layout - Cwmfyddl - a O16.5 layout which has been in store for a while.

• RMweb Premium

This sounds like a great show and just up the road!

What are the opening times? I couldn't find them listed anywhere.

10 am to 5pm on both days - apologies

• RMweb Premium

website updated with all information up to date.

my layout is working fine - just some new lights to fit and its good to go - as its O16.5 I hope to get more people to try this scale/gauge combination - Cwmfyddl has bee around for a while but now has handbuilt track and more stock than ever before.

• RMweb Premium

A week today we will now be putting the show to bed - Lots of scales and gauges to see and we will have a large scale (live steam) locomotive on display built by students at the School many years ago and now being restored at the school by the current students.

Archived