Newbryford's mostly Yellow workbench - "it's a drag, man......."

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for those. Problem is that these barrier vehicles are described by that well known phrase "similar but different"

Those in the first photo are not BG's - only two footboards on the solebar.

Here's another version - 6336 and 6338 are ex-BG barriers and I think are partially removed/plated at both ends. http://www.departmen...om/photo/6336-1

6392 and 6397 have the existing gangways at the "outer" ends for certain - or they did have in 2011 as I got a quick grab shot passing NL depot.......

The search continues.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

More etches arrived today and will be posted ASAP.

A chance visit to Halfords a couple of days ago revealed that Peugeot Royal Bue looks a close match. I've sprayed the sides and it does look pretty close. Pics when I can take them outside when this "wettest drought ever" comes to an end.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Clipped the coach bodies together for a quick pic of the blue in daylight - I'm happy with it.

post-408-0-49829500-1335533027_thumb.jpg

Next thing is to find a suitable grey for the roof.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Looking good Mick is it me or is there a bit of a bow in them?

Pete

Close up photo and loosely clipped together - not screwed.

Ta for the paint ref.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

very nice looks like the bogie to the right is rideing high compaired to the other

They were just placed on the bogies for a quick photo. They've now been split again to continue.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

I found a photo of 6397 of the end normally connected to the HST trailers and the corridor is fully intact - although it's not a recent pic.

Why would the corridor need to be removed anyway? As long as the buckeye and rubbing plate are there, they should be able to couple up to a HST Mk3 gangway/buckeye.

The buffers are still on.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Work has progressed - including design for the transfers - hopefully they'll arrive in the next day or two.

In the meantime, it's reassembly and handrail fitting/painting.

Pics later.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

The transfers arrived yesterday.

Thanks to John Peck at Precision Labels for his guidance in designing them. He suggested the use of Serif Page plus to create them.

I used the software to create the text and then printed them onto normal paper. They were then compared against the model until I was happy with the proportions.

The file was duly sent to John who printed them to his usual high standard. (The design and early print was obviously black and then they were finally printed white onto clear by John)

post-408-0-71397200-1336298490_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-23963500-1336298510_thumb.jpg

I have still to do the middle of the porterbrook logo, but I'll be doing this myself, printing onto white decal paper and placing that inside the square.

There's still a little bit of work to do to finish them off, but it's nearly there.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

It's good to see that others apart from the usual suspects are getting into yellow stuff

http://www.rmweb.co...._50#entry684721

Barrier vehicles virtually done now - will post pics later when I can snap them in daylight. Of all the r-t-r mods I've ever done, this will probably go down as the most fulfuilling (so far) as I've designed the etches and transfers myself and then got them made.

Next project that I'll detailing here is Radio Survey Coach 3 - RSC3 - comprising 9481, 5981, 1256 and 977997. All are relatively easy to do and almost come under the "let's paint it yellow and call it a test coach". (Expect a limited edition repaint from the usual suspects as soon as one of the major manufacturers announces a modern spec Mk2 D/E/F)

post-408-0-16054300-1336434349.jpg

977974 is also in there - more later.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

very nice have you just kept the glazeing in on the blanked windows or put plastic card behind it i should stop with this yellow it is rather adictive......

If you are referring to the barrier vehicles, then only the etch and epoxy resin behind - see earlier in the thread. The Mk2's have plastic blanks and will be detailed later.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

A thin coat of satin and light weathering will see them finished.

post-408-0-20489300-1336497053_thumb.jpg

If you're wondering why there's 4 vehicles, as mentioned in post#25, I made two vehicles with lower edge strips - only 6392 carries them. The solution was to build two vehicles without them, thus ending up with a pair of each 6392 and 6397.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4

ok cheers was the mk2s but the barriers look amazeing up here scotland we have had some rather strange stock used for brake force includeing SRPS mk1 railtour stock and even some blue TEA tanks all to do with the class 334 not being compatible with the translators. can create some intresting moves with them just a case of finding the pics ;-)

It's good to see that others apart from the usual suspects are getting into yellow stuff

http://www.rmweb.co...._50#entry684721

Barrier vehicles virtually done now - will post pics later when I can snap them in daylight. Of all the r-t-r mods I've ever done, this will probably go down as the most fulfuilling (so far) as I've designed the etches and transfers myself and then got them made.

Next project that I'll detailing here is Radio Survey Coach 3 - RSC3 - comprising 9481, 5981, 1256 and 977997. All are relatively easy to do and almost come under the "let's paint it yellow and call it a test coach". (Expect a limited edition repaint from the usual suspects as soon as one of the major manufacturers announces a modern spec Mk2 D/E/F)

post-408-0-16054300-1336434349.jpg

977974 is also in there - more later.

Cheers,

Mick

Looking forward to this one Mick, particularly how you deal with the BSO. I've got a set of coaches with an eye on this set.

Cheers,

Andi.