Wycrail 12 - 3rd November 2012 in a new bigger brighter venue

Graham_Muz

The layouts page of the website does not 'work' for me in Mozilla, Chrome, Opera or Safari under Windows 7 - only in IE. Looks like some IE specific code has crept in there somewhere

Hi John

I've just tried the layouts page with IE9, Mozilla, Chrome and Safari and they all work OK for me.

Hi,

Just a reminder to people that Wycrail 2012 is now just 2 weeks away, and we have a bigger, brighter and all round nicer venue for you to view all the great layouts and traders we have at this years show.

More infomation further up the thread and on our website

Hope to see you there!

Simon

One of the layouts that will be appearing at Wycrail 12 for the first time will be a new layout from the High Wycombe club, Prospect Point. Last night I witnessed some of the final preparations and some test running on this layout. I captured the video below and will post it here as a taster for the 3rd...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fXwEzNV6hc

The layouts page of the website does not 'work' for me in Mozilla, Chrome, Opera or Safari under Windows 7 - only in IE. Looks like some IE specific code has crept in there somewhere

Yep, same/similar problem the page has corrupted html/css result is shown below:

2012-10-27_142354.jpg

the traders page works ok.

• RMweb Gold

Yes we have aknown glitch in the website affecting just a couple of pages at the moment, we are, I am told, currently looking at launching a new style website soon.

I can confirm the full list of layouts as being:

Abbotstone (0)

Aurbach Yard (H0)

Ashlyn (00)

Ashand (00)

Brewhouse Quay (00)

Bryn y Felin (009)

Gravel Bottom (0n)

Gilbert Junction (H0)

Highbury Colliery (2mm fs)

Kuppla Yard (H0)

Loughborough Road (00)

The North Hurst Joint Line (00)

Oxford Road (00)

Plemont (N)

Prospect Point (HO/HOn3)

Rhineside (TT)

St Brayden (0n)

Santa Barbara (N)

St Lukes (00)

Sanki Valley (Z)

Somewhere in France on the Sea (Nm)

Simply Narrow Gauge (0n3)

Springfield Spa (N)

Willowbrook Marsh (0)

Witney Euston (2mm fs)

Whatlington (3mm)

Yeoton Wharf (3mm)

And the new location address is as follows:

The Cressex Community School,

Holmers Lane,

High Wycombe,

Bucks HP12 4UD

Opening times: 10.00 to 17.00

The Layout Loughborough Road - I wonder if the owner, or modeller of the loco's could contact me, please.

I'm interested to know how they got on with the LNWR Problem Class 2-2-2 Loco, that's featured in some of the layout photo's on the Exhibitions web pages.

How does it run, can it pull skin off a rice pudding etc.,

Unfortunatly, I shall not be able to visit the show, I have to spend the occasional weekend in Cornwall, at home.....

Only 3 days to go until the High Wycombe & District 2012 Cake Manufacturing Event

---- Oops, High Wycombe & District Model Railway Society Exhibition - WYCRAIL '12.

Well, the Club Rooms are going to be busy this evening as final preparations are made for setting up the show on Friday evening.

As Club Members, we are very impressed with the facilities at our new venue and we hope that you will be also. With the added space that we have available at CRESSEX COMMUNITY SCHOOL, HP12 4UD, we have 27 Layouts, 18 Trade stands, 5 Society stands and 4 Demonstrations. Our Exhibition Manager has been able to plan the layout of the show so that no gangway is less that 8' - this should allow all of our visitors to get round the show in comfort.

As usual, we are running a FREE VINTAGE BUS SERVICE from High Wycombe station - this leaves the station at 10.00, then hourly until 16.00 and returns from the show at 10.30 and then hourly, with the last service at 17.10. We also have a second FREE VINTAGE BUS SERVICE which provides a 20 minute interval service from the Park & Ride Car Park at the Empire Cinema, adjacent to Jct 4 of the M40. You can find details of these Car Parks and Bus Services here.

We will also have our usual standard of catering, including a large supply of cakes(!), and due to the space available, there will be ample seating for you to sit and have a chat whilst you enjoy a cuppa and a bite to eat.

As this is the 40th Anniversary of WYCRAIL, we are all looking forward to this event and we hope that those of you that will be joining us will also be able to enjoy our biggest show yet, in our new venue.

Really looking forward to this exhibition - a first for Kuppla Yard and me. I love cakes!

Dave

Hi Dave

It'll be great to see you at Wycrail - we'll do our best to ensure that you enjoy your time with us - I'm sure you'll get the chance for a cake, or two!!.

Kuppla Yard looks great - it'll be good to see it 'in the flesh'.

Just seen line up and ticks lots of boxes for me, so might get myself down to Marylebone for a grand day out on Saturday. Might have to leave wallet at home :)

How far would it be to walk if bus times missed?

Many thanks

T.

Hi T

The xx.03 services out of Marylebone get into H. Wycombe at xx.46 / 51 so this gives you around 10 minutes before the bus leaves - it will probably be a Greenline Routemaster, by the way. I would advise you not to try to walk it as there is a 'serious' hill to go up to get to the Cressex area of High Wycombe. But then again you may be a 'serious' walker - I guess it would take around 30 minutes to walk it.

Hi,

Blimey, I'd better tell the public catering manager (aka mother!) that she might have a few costumers!

By the way, for those who don't like cakes, we will be going out and purchasing a wide range of other snacks (Chocolate Bars, Crisps etc), as well as drinks (Tea, Coffee, Soft drinks etc) tomorrow, so never fear!

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Blimey, I'd better tell the public catering manager (aka mother!) that she might have a few costumers!

By the way, for those who don't like cakes, we will be going out and purchasing a wide range of other snacks (Chocolate Bars, Crisps etc), as well as drinks (Tea, Coffee, Soft drinks etc) tomorrow, so never fear!

Simon

Well don't forget to tell her that daughter and I well be there too - and will also be accounting for a few (?) cakes. (and make sure it's decent tea please - nice drop of Yorkshire Gold would be ideal but I don't want to damage the profit margin.)

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to a Saturday operating Gilbert Junction - the only time I get to play with it these days is at shows...and then only if I can steal a throttle off what I like to call the "A" Team (no irony there at all...)

Chris

Archived