Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo

LNER A10 E68 SIR VISTO

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kingfisher24

kingfisher24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Locationlongniddry, east lothian.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 16:48

i have purchased one of the new Hornby railroad Gresley A1 pacifics with the aim of converting the loco to the last A10 Sir Visto, as the loco was at nationalisation in original conditionand in lner green with a streamlined non corridor tender. i have seen a photograph of the loco somewhere of the loco in this conditon at edinburgh waverley in 1948 but, i cannot remember which book it was, as it would be god for reference when doing the conversion. can any rmwebber help.

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#2 Worsdell forever

Worsdell forever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,384 posts
  • LocationWhitby, in't Glorious Peoples Republic o' Yorksher!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 17:02

It's in Yeadon's Register of LNER locos Vol 1 Page 61.

Look forward to seeing it finished.

#3 Removed a/c_Max Stafford

Removed a/c_Max Stafford

• Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 17:20

This sounds a very promising project, Kingfisher. I'll bee keeping an eye on it!

#4 Worsdell forever

Worsdell forever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,384 posts
  • LocationWhitby, in't Glorious Peoples Republic o' Yorksher!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 17:30

Also found a photo in a booklet 'Loco Profile 1, LNER non streamlined pacifics, published very early '70s (price 8s (40np)!), on page 17.

#5 simon hudson

simon hudson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationColwyn Bay

Posted 10 March 2012 - 15:09

also in LNER Steam (H N Casserly)?I think opening page am at work will try and dig it out over the weekend

Edited by simon hudson, 10 March 2012 - 15:10 .

#6 kingfisher24

kingfisher24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Locationlongniddry, east lothian.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:15

many thanks, i have got the loco painted and lined out, i have just realised that the loco has the higher chimney and dome but the model is supposed to depics flying scotsman in 1928-34 in which case it would have the lower fittings??