The Nut & Washer tool designed for Military modellers who use untold numbers of nut heads and different shapes to produce parts for Military models, I also felt that it would be usefull for Railway Modellers as well which is why it is in both areas on my web site.

I hope that clears up any confusion for anyone.

post-6665-0-56351500-1331555147_thumb.jpg

And the way it works is as follows:

Put the tool on a piece of mirror glass or flat metal (not wood and not plastic) then take some Slaters Rod or scrap sprue heat up the end and when it gets ply able and floppy push it into the tool hold it for a few seconds and then pull it out of the tool and trim off the melted sprue and glue to the model.

Very simple and can be used time and time again.

I hope this explains the use of the tool.

I can produce an etch for loco numbers for smoke doors and D numbers for the cab sides of Diesels 4mm and 7mm, so if there is enough demand for them I will look at them.

Pete

John

I have checked all of the etches I have and they are all fine, the one I used for the picture I have given to a military modeling friend and he has had no problems with it.

thank you for mentioning it.

Pete

Pete,

Could you perhaps post a photo of one of your stock etchings?

I am sure that you will agree that the photo currently posted indicates that the full depth etching is offset significantly to the right and slightly down of the half etching; in other words, the hexagonals are not concentric with the circles.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

John

Here is a picture of one of the etches from stock I was not at 90 degrees to the etch as my shadow would of blacked the image so the image is looking down on the etch from the top to the bottom of the picture.

post-6665-0-72235300-1331575563_thumb.jpg

This one is fine.

Pete

John

Here is a picture of one of the etches from stock I was not at 90 degrees to the etch as my shadow would of blacked the image so the image is looking down on the etch from the top to the bottom of the picture.

post-6665-0-72235300-1331575563_thumb.jpg

This one is fine.

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for that - very helpful.

Regards,

John.

Brilliant idea, but to my mind it still looks out of alignment.

I agree that the round hole is appearing to look off-centre from the nut hole, but does it matter? From the description of use, if I've got it right, one pushes the plastic rod through the round hole, it melts and reforms to the shape of the nut. So the remaining rod throught the (off?)centre hole is only a sprue to be cut off anyway? Or have I got it wrong?

Stewart

The circles with the hexagon in them is is there to simulate the washer under a nut when these are formed then you just use the hexagon shape next to the hexagon and circle and then glue the hexagon produced on top of the disc and hexagon first formed and then you have your nut on a washer.

Pete

The circles with the hexagon in them is is there to simulate the washer under a nut when these are formed then you just use the hexagon shape next to the hexagon and circle and then glue the hexagon produced on top of the disc and hexagon first formed and then you have your nut on a washer.

Pete

Fair comment - I had only glanced through the instructions, so perhaps misunderstood them.

Stewart

Archived