Updates on Bachmann products announced 2011

Andy Y

Branchline current status of forthcoming products

The current status of previously announced models in the Bachmann Branchline range is;

Production stage

Class 85

85a.jpg

Class 419 MLV

LV.jpg

LNER V2 2-6-2 (chassis upgrade)

OTA timber wagon

Artwork Stage

Midland Pullman

BPa2.jpg

BPb2.jpg

BPc2.jpg

EP Sample stage

SR Pill Box brake van

Mark 1 Horsebox (for TMC)

BR steel high-sided wagon with sheet rail ‘Highbar’

LNER 12T non-ventilated vans

In the tool room

GWR 3200 ‘Earl’ (Dukedog) 4-4-0

Class 205 (for Kernow ModelRail Centre)

At the CAD design stage

LMS Porthole coaches

Mark 1 Sleeping Car

Bulk Grain Hopper Wagons

COVHOP

• RMweb Gold

Does anybody have an idea how long it takes from the Cad stage to release? I am guessing the MK1 sleepers will be coming out at Warley if they are still in the design stage.

Bachmann's website is showing Oct/Nov for the Porthole stock but no date for the sleepers which suggests they're behind the Porthole stock in the development queue.

Thanks Andy. Any news on the SECR/SR C Class given that it's not in the above list?

Chris,

the C class is mentioned in their Collectors' Club magazine. I don't have one in front of me, but a quarter ago it was in tooling. It might be at EP sample stage. It is definitely ahead of the Dukedog.

Edit: Oops wrong link but there's a pic for people to decide if it is a new one and here's the link...

http://www.Bachmann....anchline&prod=4

I havent even looked at that, trying to discern anything from such early images is fraught with potential for weeping and wailing. From the 'Rail Exclusive' site:

Class 40 is confirmed as being a new body on modified existing chassis that will be equipped to carry lighting and DCC.

http://www.railexclusive.com/index.php?category=114

Thanks Andy. Any news on the SECR/SR C Class given that it's not in the above list?

I'm not sure why the C Class was omitted from the update but it's proceeding well and is likely to see an autumn release. Here are some snaps of the latest engineering prototype which was decorated for the event.

Click for full resolution versions.

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

All mouth watering stuff to come from Bachmann. Looks like they will be getting a fair amount of my money this year, with the D11, the J11 and the LNER Fish van announced, I wasn't going to order the Blue Pullman, but I have just ordered the Blue Pullman. The C class looks great and I remember seeing the preserved one at The Bluebell last April, so could add the preserved model to my collection.

I sold a Hornby class 86 (intercity) model a few years ago, the 85 looks the goods.

I have seen a photo of the V2 somewhere, but is there a more recent one and when is it due?

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Updates welcomed, thank you.

The Mk1 sleeping cars seem to be taking a while. I realise something must be first and something last and they are still likely to arrive far more quickly than the Kernow Thumper from the original announcements. Any suggestion as to whether they are empty shells (à la Hornby, and presumed to be the case) or have any form of interior fittings?

A shell would surely take less design and production time.

Thank you ( without Emphasis - not shouting) but the Rails page has been like that for some time ( refers to Bachmann 2011/12 announcement not 2012/13) and was well in advance of this thread - hoped for more detailed update. I would be surprised if Summer 2012 is likely, but wish it was true!

Archived