Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Evening Jeff,

How odd that an old classical 'bore' like myself should also find joy in Floyd! Wish You Were Here means a lot to me on several levels - the 'burning man' on the cover looked just like me when more rotund in those days and all my pals asked how much I was paid! I also liked Syd Barrett from the early work and was disturbed by that angle, especially when I discovered that he apparently walked into the studio whilst the album was being recorded! Shine On You Crazy Diamond also contains some incredible guitar work by Dave Gilmour, (one of the best IMHO) which I'm sure our residents like Bodge, Mick(Donington Road) and Pete(trisonic) as well as others would agree.

What I most enjoyed about Al Khalili's programmes was the way in which he brought QM to the masses in language and with examples that almost anyone could understand.

Enjoy your evening my friend, we already have two 'dead men' (empty Champagne bottles!) by the back door so I suspect sleep will not be a problem tonight! 2015 - bring it on!!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Nothing wrong with classical music, Jock. I've a very large number of rock and pop cds but classical cds outnumber them. Maybe we should exchange a few PMs on the matter!

Hi Guys I've not seen the program but as far as I'm concerned Gilmore and Co could / can do very little wrong, I'm hoping to get Endless River next week, Planet Rock have been playing a lot of the tracks since its release and it sounds up to the normal excellent standard. 

Have a Great New Year Guys.

We all have so much to achieve in 2015

Very, very true. And we can have fun "playing" with each other's achievements (sorry, that sounds dodgy!!)

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jeff!

Just wanted to say Happy New Year, and I'm looking forward to seeing the KL2 thread soon! :D

I can't say if I'll get any model-making done just yet, but I'm making it one of my new years resolutions...

I'm also going to tell as many people as possible so that I can't back out later on down the line.  :mosking:

Edited by SouthernRegionSteam
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff!

Just wanted to say Happy New Year, and I'm looking forward to seeing the KL2 thread soon! :D

I can't say if I'll get any model-making done just yet, but I'm making it one of my new years resolutions...

I'm also going to tell as many people as possible so that I can't back out later on down the line.  :mosking:

Happy New Year to you, Jam. As one of the earliest posters on this thread it's nice to see you posting as it runs to a "conclusion".

The highlighted bit also applies to me, as far as the layout is concerned. Lots of very enjoyable construction to look forward to. The modelling element for me will be building some of the Parkside kits that Jason has acquired....

And yes, get cracking on your layout during 2015. Now you've mentioned it, I'll pester you every so often!!

Jeff

• Like 1

Afternoon Jeff,

Good to see Jam on air again (Happy New Year Jam as we've missed you!).

Can I refer you to my post in the lounge a few minutes ago Jeff, to save writing it out again? Simply enquiring if Andy had noticed any signs of the new thread start?

Will you be linking from here? I'll look in again this evening to check it out,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Jeff :D

I'm still waiting for construction to start on my studio, so in the meantime it would be good to find some model-making stuff to do. I just don't know where to start!

I'd quite like to get the trackbed started if possible so I can start to arrange some of my buildings and see what looks correct. I'm still not sure why I decided to build such a big layout!

Still, I really would like to start ASAP given that I've had a year lacking of motivation. 

Now, where did I put my modelling stuff?..

Well done Mick,

A dunce like me took a fair old time to find it until I went to Jeff's topics page from his avatar! Very useful indeed.

Keep up all your supportive and informative work in 2015 mate, you have been a tremendous help to very many on here.

Hope the New Year brings you all that you long for,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• RMweb Gold

Happy New Year Jeff, and congratulations on the start of the new thread. Have just read through and flagged to follow it and it's already going strong! How about updating your signature to make it easy for others to find it.

Kind regards, Neil

Well done Mick,

A dunce like me took a fair old time to find it until I went to Jeff's topics page from his avatar! Very useful indeed.

Keep up all your supportive and informative work in 2015 mate, you have been a tremendous help to very many on here.

Hope the New Year brings you all that you long for,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Thanks Jock.  I just thought there might still be a few fuzzy heads about today that needed a bit of guidance

• RMweb Premium

If ever a thread didn't need linking to or adding to a signature, it is KL2. There are about 20 threads in total in the rather aptly named Settle & Carlisle section and let's face it, KL2 will be top of the list for a long time whereas this one will probably disappear to ooh, about the fourth highest in the list :D

There will probably be ten pages on garage clearance discussions alone ;)

Sorry, a bit miserable today as I'm back to the damned commute

• RMweb Premium

If ever a thread didn't need linking to or adding to a signature, it is KL2. There are about 20 threads in total in the rather aptly names Settle & Carlisle section and let's face it, KL2 will be top of the list for a long time whereas this one will probably disappear to ooh, about the fourth highest in the list :D

There will probably be ten pages on garage clearance discussions alone ;)

Miserable? Just being your normal self, aren't you?

Nice to see your "worldly-wise wit" in action, Jason. Reminds me of your brilliant post at the start of the Lounge. And, to be honest, I don't mind 10 pages on garage clearance, though I doubt it will happen!

Best of luck with that ridiculous commute you do!

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

If ever a thread didn't need linking to or adding to a signature, it is KL2. There are about 20 threads in total in the rather aptly named Settle & Carlisle section and let's face it, KL2 will be top of the list for a long time whereas this one will probably disappear to ooh, about the fourth highest in the list :D

Sorry to hear you're back on the commute Jason! I'm very glad that I've taken the extra day, even though I need to use a day form my 2015 allocation!

I do think having links in signatures is a good move though. When I first started dabbling in RMWeb there was a strange guy in a cap going by the moniker of Sandside that seemed to drop very insightful comments into various threads that I checked out. So I followed the link in his signature to a thread that was the first that grabbed me enough to read it start to end... Bacup. From there I saw lots of great input from others, including Jeff, and followed links in their signatures. As I don't follow specifically S&C it's harder to find the great layout threads. I've always been in IT, so clicking on a person and then using their profile to search for threads is fairly natural for me... but won't be for all. So I think that seeing links in the signatures of modellers that inspire means that it's easier for many to find that inspiring thread!

Kind regards, Neil

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm just a little suprised- I've never lit one of my engines on fire _deliberately_ on the outside before.  In fact, at work, we definitely frown on it.  (it's called a "damage control incident" when it happens...)

James

Ironic, isn't it?  Post was before the tanker fire...

James

• 5 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

I would LOVE to know who is looking at this, the original KL, thread. Views on here are outstripping Gill Head, which is a bit ridiculous considering that both KL2 and GH are vastly superior.

The viewing is so numerous it can't be Search Engine Bots. 

I'm just VERY curious, that's all.

If anybody reads this and chooses to reply, please do so on the Gill Head thread, so this one can disappear back into the mists of antiquity again.

Thanks.

Jeff