Roxby Town layout - May 2012 BRM

SteveCole

• Administrators

Hi,

We have the Roxby Town layout appearing in the May 2012 issue of BRM (on-sale April 12) and would love to hear your comments on the layout.

Has anyone seen it at past exhibitions? If so, let us know your comments and we'll print the best in the magazine.

Here's a picture to jog your memory.

post-14186-0-80659800-1331811953_thumb.gif

Thanks all.

Steve

Brand Editor

Hi Steve

Look impressive and willhave a look in the mag when I next go into town...

I have not seen it at show before, what neck of the wood as it appeared at...?

Love to see Modern Image...

Jamie

• Administrators

Hi Jamie,

It has been at a few, including:

Blackburn

Caistor

Lincoln

It will also be at Cleethorpe and Scunthorpe's Modern Image Group's Exhibition in May.

Steve

I live near the real "Roxby" in North Lincs. It has about 100 houses, and a church, open once a month. That's it.

Thought you might be interested, LOL

• RMweb Gold

The foundations of those big houses would be through the roof of the station tunnel! A sadly common error on otherwise good layouts. The reason why Horseley Fields (to mention but one example) succeeds as a layout is that it is "well-observed" and does not have any of these engineering mistakes.

• Administrators

Hi,

I'm told that Roxby Town was originally called Stapleforth Mainline - this was its name when it started the show circuit.

Any comments on what you thought of it?

Thanks,

Steve

• 1 month later...

Saw it in RM looks great and I like the way you can run trains at all levels this gives a good look of the real thing I think the town scene is good regardless of how deep its foundations are! Bet you have fun running the layout and the way Bachy and Dapol are producing stock you wont ever want for new rolling stock.

Archived